Techy question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Carwash said:
But then you would get sound only, no video. Duh!

That's what he wants. Double duh!! ;)

Carwash

Señor Member
simonali said:
That's what he wants. Double duh!! :?:

Ah right whoops thanks sorry.

If you can get the mp4 version though, you can use something like ffmpeg to extract the audio track without re-encoding (passthrough) and ditch the video.

bonj2

a) you know you should really be charging him (a LOT) extra in consultancy fees, don't you?
;) is it THAT much quicker to stick a label on each paper than to scribble on it with a biro like I used to do back in the good old days?
c) try it. if it's an avi, it should do - but you never know with apple, they like to keep things proprietary. That's why i don't like ipods, they go to too much effort to force you to use THEIR software only. Possibly try putting it in a folder that the itunes service on your computer can see, then use that software to transfer it, in order to trick it into thinking it came from itunes? (that last sentence is a wild stab in the dark and is based on no technical knowledge of ipods whatsoever)

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Thanks everyone, i've told him and he said he going to go into PC World and see what they have got.;)
Hes still sticking labels on, but hes having to write on them. Probably is quicker, but i think he just wants to press a button and have a computer do the work while he sits backs and watches the CCTV of his shop. But, then i think he just wants the papers out, and sticking the labels on is sort of faster then writing on it, he likes to write what paper each house has aswell for some reason:wacko:
Apparently i am going to be paid for this:biggrin: He wants me to put all the stuff onto my computer then transfer it all over to his new one, and i will be paid to do it:tongue: But it has to be done before next week, off on holiday and he wants it done by then:biggrin: Pay extra;)
Anyway,Bonj, you really are old arent you;) I dont even stick the labels on anyway, i get in and they are all done for me.:biggrin: Ahhh the hard life of a paper boy:biggrin:

Cheers!!:biggrin:

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Thanks everyone, i've told him and he said he going to go into PC World and see what they have got.:biggrin:
Hes still sticking labels on, but hes having to write on them.

What??! ;):biggrin: Why doesn't he write straight onto the paper?
That strikes me as a bit like posting a postcard to yourself. If you ask me he's got a label fetish and just likes sticking labels on things.

Joe24 said:
Probably is quicker, but i think he just wants to press a button and have a computer do the work while he sits backs and watches the CCTV of his shop. But, then i think he just wants the papers out, and sticking the labels on is sort of faster then writing on it, he likes to write what paper each house has aswell for some reason:wacko:
Apparently i am going to be paid for this:biggrin: He wants me to put all the stuff onto my computer then transfer it all over to his new one, and i will be paid to do it:tongue: But it has to be done before next week, off on holiday and he wants it done by then:biggrin: Pay extra;)
Anyway,Bonj, you really are old arent you;) I dont even stick the labels on anyway, i get in and they are all done for me.:biggrin: Ahhh the hard life of a paper boy:biggrin:

Cheers!!:biggrin:

Here is how he can save time:
when I were a lad, the papers were made ready in a stack marked with only the LAST one in each road having the road name on, we then had to put them in the paper bag one by one from the top of the stack thus checking them as we went. Thus, when they were in the bag, the ones with the road name on were the FIRST one for that road. So you'd get, like "123 lower kirklington road", then the next one would be "125", then "127", and you knew they were all still for lower kirklington road unless the road name changed. geddit?
And when i was promoted to marker-up i had to do it in the same way. The reason for this, was that the marking up doesn't take half as long if you're not having to write road names on each paper.
suggest that to him...:biggrin:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I will suggest that Bonj, but he probably does have a label fetish ;)
I think he thinks that it would cause less confusion. I think it would be better for him to have a list, and do it theway you suggest and did, but he more then likely enjoys peeling the labels off one by one, and placing them in the exact same spot on each paper and flattening them.
I know what he will say though, he will say that the bloody English wpont understand and get it wrong, and hes been doing it for 10000years in the same way:rolleyes:

Top Bottom