Techy question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Hello hello.
The paper shop man has asked me for some help, one of which i know the other i have no idea of how to do it.
For the morning papers, he puts little stickers on the papers with numbers on them, and his printer and computer has gone wrong and now wont work or something. So, he wants to buy a whole new set(rich from all these papers and other stuff he sells) and has asked me what software he needs and what printer he will need to use to print on these little sticky tabs.
So who knows?
Next question, is if i download a video from youtube with realplayer, can i put it on my ipod? Its the original Nano if that makes a difference. I dont think i can just put it on, dont want the video from it just the music.

So what do you reckon?;)

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Q1 - Get a Hewlett Packard printer. It'll come with all the software req'd, and get Avery printed labels, they're the top make for self adgesive labelling.

Q2 - You'll have to ask someone else.

shimano

when i was a lad we used to mark up the papers with a thing called a pencil - maybe obsolete by now....

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Yes however, it is now when i am a lad and they are done by a computer;).
Marking up has nothing to do with me(i get there too late in the morning:laugh:), he just asked me to try and find out how to print on labels and what he needs to do it.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Er, if it's first generation (you sure you haven't got a 2nd gen one?) nano I thought those things didn't support video as such in the everday meaning of the word. You of course could hack into it like people did and screw around installing all sorts on but a general no I believe is the answer.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

marinyork said:
Er, if it's first generation (you sure you haven't got a 2nd gen one?) nano I thought those things didn't support video as such in the everday meaning of the word. You of course could hack into it like people did and screw around installing all sorts on but a general no I believe is the answer.

No no, its the original one, that if you drop right the screen goes:laugh:
I was just woundering if there was a way to get rid of the video and just have the music. ;)

Catrike UK, is that hard to do? Or is it just going though the settings and getting the layout right and doing abit of trialand error?

Get free software from Avery here Joe 24. Many stationery companies do an equivalent label to Avery...your rich newsagent will probably give you a rise for suggesting this. ;) (He'll buy you a box to stand on...)

Oh - and get a cheap old HP Laserjet (1018 or equivalent?) to print them on. All that Comedy P. said really - just elaborated upon a bit...

Have a look at a Dymo label printer. Comes with software and lots of different size labels available, you can print as many or as few as you want off a roll, without having to get the Avery sheets in right way up. No ink cartridges, must be some sort of fancy paper I suppose.

peanut

surely you just need to use your computer's sound recorder and record whilst the video is playing. Save the recorded sound file in whatever format you can then convert it to the format used in your ipod.
you can download free software to convert anything to anything. CD ripper is one Express rip is another and also Music match etc

Carwash

Señor Member
peanuts said:
surely you just need to use your computer's sound recorder and record whilst the video is playing. Save the recorded sound file in whatever format you can then convert it to the format used in your ipod.
you can download free software to convert anything to anything. CD ripper is one Express rip is another and also Music match etc

But then you would get sound only, no video. Duh!

Here's what you're after: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/04/download-youtube-videos-as-mp4-files.html

Top Bottom