Teenage cyclist arrested after pensioner injured...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
The link I put up was a blog written by the grandson of the victim, according to him the cyclist from boxhill cycling club has been charged.

No, he nearly hit a rider from Boxford cycling club the next day - the scally on the bike who rode in front of the bus has been charged.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
More details here. Although not clear it appears that the cyclist may have pulled out in front of the bus? If so not sure why the assault charge. If a car pulls out from a side road and causes an accident the driver would might on a good day, with luck, and a following wind, and a diligent traffic officer, be charged with careless driving.
Gently tweaked to bring it closer to reality.

Lanzecki

Über Member
He should be charged with careless cycling (driving), but being charged with assault is madness.

While he shouldn't have pulled out so causing the bus to hit the brakes the cyclist cannot be held up for someone's decision to be standing on the bus as it's moving. There are warning signs on busses saying, sit down, don't talk to the driver, stay behind the line etc.

Everyone know's that things out of our control can happen. It's every adults responsibility to be responsible for one's self and minors in one charge.

The problem is that in this day and age everyone else seems responsible apart from the injured party.

In my day.... You can complete the rest :smile:

Domeo

Was it really necessary to include 'Teenage' in the thread title?

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
This post is an outrage!!

I was hopping on and off moving Routemasters in south west and central London from the age of one year less than the age any of you suspected I was going to say. It never did me any harm!

This post is an outrage!!

That is all I have to say.... Apart from this: We are in the grip of dangerously safety-obsessed safeticians (I made that word up) who are determined to safety us to death (I made that verb up). We do not want to be safetied to death. We want Routemasters, we want bakelite steering wheels and hard, metal dashboards. We want sharp, chromed-steel bumpers and dagger-like tail fins. We want rod brakes working on chromed-steel rims. (Strains of some patriotic tune start about here). We want roast beef from herds with BSE and we want ice-cream that de-frosted and was re-frozen. We want slippery pavements and 2mm panes in all domestic windows. We want slam-door trains on the Southern Region that allow you to leap off at ridiculous speeds when you're opposite the steps down to the Tube. We want the Queen to be young again and we want the Empire back.

The notion of seat belts on town buses in an outrage!!

An outrage!!

Maybe seat belts are not the answer?! Like in the video I posted, everyone goes everywhere. I can post a few more crashes one in particular where half the occupants go out the windows. Buses are fine when move normally but when it comes down too hard breaking or even a crash the current setup is far from ideal.

Edit: Posted the video for good measure. Not exactly a cyclist causing this but does show the problems facing vehicles which don't have occupants wearing seat belts. The main purpose of seat belts is that they keep you in you're seat. Not exactly a bad thing considering the video below and the incident the threat is about.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbsPPnhCMuM

Top Bottom