Teenage cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

Don't you just love 'em.

Saw one today on his Halfrods MB, riding on the pavement, texting a mate and drinking a can of lager at the same time.

He'll get an A grade GCSE for that.

wafflycat

I love 'teenage cyclists' ;)

My particular teenager is out on his road bike every day doing a spot of training and then time trials most weekends. He did a hilly TT at the weekend despite a nasty swollen hip, road rash on his shoulder, leg & back, and deep, weeping road rash on his elbow just at the point where his arm rests on the tribars, and generally being in pain from being effectively taken out by a lorry the previous week, which did not give him room on the road and did not stop to see if said teenager was okay.

And he doesn't jump red lights & he doesn't cycle on the pavement.

Some teenagers are rather pleasant sorts, with a bit of determination & grit about them (and possibly grit still in them from lasy week...) ;)

yenrod

Glass if wine for Waffs over there (to calm her down ;))

wafflycat said:
I love 'teenage cyclists' ;)

My particular teenager is out on his road bike every day doing a spot of training and then time trials most weekends. He did a hilly TT at the weekend despite a nasty swollen hip, road rash on his shoulder, leg & back, and deep, weeping road rash on his elbow just at the point where his arm rests on the tribars, and generally being in pain from being effectively taken out by a lorry the previous week, which did not give him room on the road and did not stop to see if said teenager was okay.

And he doesn't jump red lights & he doesn't cycle on the pavement.

Some teenagers are rather pleasant sorts, with a bit of determination & grit about them (and possibly grit still in them from lasy week...) :biggrin:

wafflycat

Glass of wine would be gratefully received! I'm shattered after a hectic weekend, but can't settle to get off to sleep - so a nice chilled glass of say Orvieto Classico would do nicely (not a 'great' wine, but I like it) thank you ;)

domtyler

Über Member
In general I am all for cyclists of all types, but I can't help wishing for the day when one knocks me over as I go through my gate, cos I'm gonna kill 'em.

col

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
In general I am all for cyclists of all types, but I can't help wishing for the day when one knocks me over as I go through my gate, cos I'm gonna kill 'em.

;)

bonj2

wafflycat said:
and deep, weeping road rash on his elbow just at the point where his arm rests on the tribars...(and possibly grit still in them from lasy week...)

we need to know...

domtyler said:

Will you provide him with any unsolicited advice ;);)

Glad to see the boy's back on bike. My granddaughters - 3 and 4 - fell under their wicked uncle's influence and now delight in cycling round the yard, no hands and eyes closed!

Top Bottom