Teeny tiny things that drive you nuts out of all proportion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
People who hold pointless inane mobile phone conversations at the top of their voice - Hi Mum, is that you? I'm on the bus I'll see you when I get home.

BSRU

A Human Being
People who do not put the milk back in the fridge:angry:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
For me it has to be aitch when pronounced haitch.

And before anyone says it is an accepted alternative then my second hate is dictionaries that accept wrong things just because enough people are similarly wrong.
I know the feeling of annoyance, but this is the (ultimately very democratic) way in which language develops and changes. I always will change, otherwise we would still speak and write the language of our forbears. We communicate through a process of negotiation, through what people understand, and the occasional innovation helps to move things along. Who knows, in 100 years time 'innit?' might be perfectly acceptable language :smile:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
People who say "pressurised" when they mean "pressured".
The phrase "the time is fast approaching...".
Saying "They gave 110%..."
Dogs that drool everywhere (we are currently looking after a trainee guide dog - she is the sweetest thing, but as drooly as heck .. !) un-drooly pic can be found at : http://www.mcguiness.co.uk/

:smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My own personal annoyance is what I call 'pavement smidsys', those who walk out of shops that exit directly onto the pavement without any care or realisation that others may be walking along that pavement. Especially when they don't even notice you. And more especially when they look at you as though YOU are in THEIR way... and don't get me started on family groups who manage to take up the whole pavement. Grr.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
People who smoke cigarettes outside the door that I need to go through.

News readers who refer to each other and not me. "well Fiona, I'm at the scene of...." my name is not Fiona you twunt.

Watching news casts that are outside buildings, what the point of sending a journalist to report on something then stand outside a building?

Instant coffee.

When the phone bounces off the receiver.

The terms "for free" " up for grabs" "when we come back"

Pesdestians who just stop.

People who walk in front of me when I'm looking at thing on a shelves.

Speed humps.

Police.

Facebook.

Twitter.

People who go on and on and on...

Biscuit

Legendary Member
When all the plastic tupperware shoot decides to vacate the cupboard when I open the door.

RiflemanSmith

[QUOTE 2411668, member: 259"]Documentary programmes which recapitulate everything that has gone before after each commercial break.[/quote]
This, especially those American styled programmes that take this to the next level,

Monkreadusuk

Über Member
People who smoke cigarettes outside the door that I need to go through.

News readers who refer to each other and not me. "well Fiona, I'm at the scene of...." my name is not Fiona you twunt.

Watching news casts that are outside buildings, what the point of sending a journalist to report on something then stand outside a building?

Instant coffee.

When the phone bounces off the receiver.

The terms "for free" " up for grabs" "when we come back"

Pesdestians who just stop.

People who walk in front of me when I'm looking at thing on a shelves.

Speed humps.

Police.

Facebook.

Twitter.

People who go on and on and on...

People who take up the whole aisle looking at the shelves, only to give me a funny look when I walk in front of them.

Top Bottom