Tektro CR520 / CR720 cantilevers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
djb1971 said:
Has anyone got or used either the cr520 / cr720 cantis and what's your opinion on them?

Ta :biggrin:

They are highly rated by the CTC reviewers but sadly I've been unable to obtain any because the review has lled to the stockists selling out!

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Hi Kirstie,
There's none available yet. If you had the 520's you must have purchased them from Zepnat and they're awaiting delivery - 1-2 weeks :sad: The website has had 1-2 weeks on it for about 3 weeks now :biggrin:

What were you using on the tourer beforehand and how do they compare ?

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've been told they are very similar Vernon but with the advantage of being able to add toe in to the pads easily because they are V type.

P.H

Über Member
vernon said:
A supplementary question - how do they compare against Froggleg cantis?

As djb says. I've had both, the adjustment on the Tektros is much better plus using V pads gives loads more choice.
I originally bought them as I needed a brake with a yoke to clear a light fitting. I was happy enough with the Tektro Oryx, but these are a considerable improvment. I've only fitted the front one, they do stick out a fair way and the rear might conflict with my rack, or at least restrict how I could pack it.

djb1971 said:
Hi Kirstie,
There's none available yet. If you had the 520's you must have purchased them from Zepnat and they're awaiting delivery - 1-2 weeks :smile: The website has had 1-2 weeks on it for about 3 weeks now :laugh:

What were you using on the tourer beforehand and how do they compare ?

I was using bog standard Oryx cantis. There's no comparison really because I can now stop when I want to! Instead of hauling on the brakes on the drops (impossible on the hoods because not enough leverage) I can now brake on the hoods and have lots of stopping power. Also they are dead easy to set up and easy to adjust in every direction. This means you can fine tune them for a really positive feel, which I have always found is rare on normal cantis.

Christopher

Über Member
Maybe then but not now, Proto? The 720's have gone back to being as rare as gilded hen's teeth. Dotbike say mid-Nov for next delivery, Spa don't have them. I can get them from the US but not before Xmas...

Kirstie, do you have the 520s or the 720s? I have Oryx cantis at the moment AND THEY ARE SH*TE!

Top Bottom