Telegraph journo tries Brompton and loves it...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
Here's the link (you have to sign up to see the full article):

Jonny Cooper
13 February 2017 • 11:45am

The thing about Bromptons is that they just look a bit silly. They have tiny wheels, weird handlebars, and they bend in half like no other bike. The people who ride them aren't much better either: think middle-aged men (and they are, usually, men) who use geeky, luminescent clips to keep their trousers tight to their ankles. You almost expect these men to wear a flower that squirts water and answer to the name of Chuckles.

Call me vain, but I've often looked down at this club of rush-hour commuters. The riders look like hamsters on a wheel, I said; give me a proper road bike any day of the working week, I said. I'm no clown, I said.

And then, three weeks ago, I moved house and, as sure as night becomes day and the vanity of youth cedes to middle-age pragmatism, I went back on my word. I'm now commuting on a Brompton – and it's easily the best bike I own.

JS120019560-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqek9vKm18v_rkIPH9w2GMNpPHkRvugymKLtqq96r_VP8.jpg

Mod edit: Sorry, but if it is behind a sign-up or pay wall it needs to be viewed at the source site. I've copied the public part for comment (and for those who can / have read it in full please feel free to fill in the blanks).

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom