Tell me about Bedgebury park in Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Morning all,

Have the opportunity to ride here this week, does anyone have any experience or advice for this trail centre. Im looking at probably the red route trail. No idea what to expect really, I don't normally ride off road but have used a local trail trail a couple of times. My bike is an XC (cross country) hardtail with pretty entry level 100mm suntour xcr forks. Im a very confidant rider but on road and flat trails, not much experience of drops jumps etc....

Your comments are welcomed....

cheers,

ssd...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I don't do that mucky MTB stuff.. but have been to Bredbury Park. Last October I think. It was very busy with all sorts of mucky MTB'ers. Who seem to be very well catered for. In the car park there were hoses and tools to clean your bike. There's also a cycle store/mechanic on site. A good cafe too.

And it's such a beautiful place.
20151025_110642s-jpg.108035.jpg

Cubist

Still wavin'
Go for it. I don't know the trail, but if it's red there's a chance it will have some fun bits, and features. Most trails have chicken runs round the nadgery stuff, so even if it presents you with stuff you haven't got the skill or confidence to hoon over, it's very unlikely theyll be severe or unavoidable. Go and have some fun!

There are a couple of videos on YouTube, looks pretty straightforward.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Yeah, I went up today for a scout out....first time in in the saddle for six weeks due to work and weather....not to taxing, some good fun bits considering I don't do this normally.. hardtail did let me know it was there....a lot. Some very slimy patches and uphill sections. I did find myself walking up a couple but that's nowt to be ashamed of.

SkyBlue_87

I went there today, was good fun. Not too severe compared to some red routes I've done, but it was dry in most areas, could be a different story in the wet ;-)
It is a beautiful place, and a good cafe too!!!

Leescfc79

Über Member
Went there for my first off road experience a year or so ago, nothing too technical and any level of fitness you'll get round fine, it's a lovely place......enjoy!

aj101

It's good. It used to be considered a bit of a mud bath years back but the way they have engineered the route it's a whole lot of fun. I know of guys who go there every single Sunday for their blast around. Not too taxing but some really good lines. A lap will probably take you about an hour, or more if you do some sections a few times which you'll probably want to.
PS Park in the lay by on the main A21 if you can't afford the £10 parking fee per car.

Top Bottom