Tell me about the Sabbath Silk Road...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TempleDancer

... and if you have one, post some pics!

Spa are selling their 105 equipped version for £1210 currently and having decided that Ti is the next frame material for me, I'm tempted.

Aside from the addition of gears over my SS Charge Plug, I'm looking for something a bit more exciting to ride. The Plug is solid, but rather dead feeling to ride. I'm concerned the Silk Road may just be an equally lazy feeling bike as it's billed as Sportive/Audax bike. That said the geometry numbers (sub 1m wheelbase and near 73 degree parallel for medium) suggest some classic race bike traits. No idea on rake or trail though.

I think a few folks round these parts have one, so I'd be interested to hear your views if so.

Thanks!

vickster

Legendary Member
IIRC It’s a racy model that only takes skinny tyres (25mm). Go to spa and try it out, checking they have a demo model in your size first :okay:
Not sure it takes full mudguards either.
They’ve had it at that price for several years now as it’s not a fashionable spec. Kinda depends if that’s what you want.

Last edited:
Hi I have had one from when they were made by Sabbeth 2010 ish. I have full 105 and find it a very comfortable ride. Most of my rides 60 to 90 miles and I have never had cause for complaint. Like all titanium frames it soaks up road buzz and if you have never ridden titanium before you are in for a pleasant suprise.At the price you quote you would be looking at the cost of a titanium frame on its own. Whist I do not race with the right wheels it would be fine. Colin

OP
OP
TempleDancer

TempleDancer

Not bothered about it taking guards (my singlespeed is my winter workhorse) but ideally I'd like to be able to fit 28s if I can. No chance to getting up there for a test ride unfortunately.

If that is the regular price I'll keep it on my shortlist for now and see if there are any discounts over the coming months.

Cheers

vickster

Legendary Member
Not bothered about it taking guards (my singlespeed is my winter workhorse) but ideally I'd like to be able to fit 28s if I can. No chance to getting up there for a test ride unfortunately.

If that is the regular price I'll keep it on my shortlist for now and see if there are any discounts over the coming months.

Cheers
Don't think it'll take 28s, but call Spa and ask.
They sometimes have deals on ex demo Elans for example, although that's more a gravel bike than roadbike.

If I was looking for a cheaper Ti, I'd go second hand. They tend to be owned by enthusiasts and well looked after (I hanker after a Condor Gran Fondo, but they are like hen's teeth and I don't need one :biggrin: )

Last edited:
Top Bottom