Tell us about your nastier injuries ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisc

Guru
Highsided a motorbike offroad a few years back. Landed fully fifteen yards from the bike and woke up with my left arm dangling uselessly as a result of a completely separated shoulder. Had to tie my left hand on the bars to get back to the road and ride the 8 miles home singing loudly, trying not to pass out. The shoulder is still dislocated and the collabone end just floats around freely, great bump sticking up in the air. The morphine shot was fantastic tho...

Other than that a spate of knife, bandsaw and tin can injuries in the last 18 months saw me having nerve and tendon repair surgery and left me with no feeling at all in the left index finger, and a numb left thumb and first two fingers on the right hand! Clumsy b*gger that I am I can now fish tea bags out of the cup without a spoon...:biggrin:

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
Best bike one for me has to be on the FNRttC to Bognor. It was only my second ride with them and I had had a brake service in the daytime. They had gone from non-existent to super tight and I found this out 20 yards from starting at Hyde Park Corner.

I wiped out spectacularly, shattering a light and bruising myself so badly it felt like I'd ruptured my lady area. I had a friend with me so brazened it out and did the ride but my knee's still scarred and Mr Weenie said my boob (hit by the handlebar looked like a baboon's a*se. My inner thigh bruises were black and let's just say Mr Weenie did not get lucky for a few days. Ouch.

rsvdaz

green laning on motorbike I fell funny and snapped my ACL with tibial platau fracture and a couple of tears to the meniscus..had to be airlifted to hossie!

Top Bottom