Tempted by the Devil...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

You probably did the right thing...and I'm sure that if the shop owner accidentally over charges you in the future, he will be just as quick to put it right. Er...perhaps.

Blue

Legendary Member
bonj said:
FOOL!
the establishment had offered the ksyriums for £150 fair and square.
*tut, tut, tut*.

Just on a technical point, in English law a price tag isn't an offer - it's an invitation to treat(do a deal). Putting the cash down is the offer, which the shopkeeper can refuse.

Having said that, a lot of shops will stand over their mistakes.

I think that in the circumstances of this case the right thing was done.

U

User482

I am always honest with small independent shops but would have no problem with screwing over a national chain.

Thing is, you have done the right thing, and even if the LBS guy doesn't reward you with favourable treatment in future (which he should) you can still say you behaved as you would hope other would behave towards you were the situation reversed.

freakhatz

bonj said:
you would have been banned from the club? :biggrin: I fail to see how that would have occurred.

Ah what it is to be an innocent.

My dear Bonj, in these parts, 'banned from the club' is a euphemism for something far more unpleasant that I would not describe before 9pm.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

fossyant said:
You did the right thing as it's your local LBS, though at £149 for Aksiums...he's the robbing blighter.....

Oh yes, he can certainly catch the unwary, mind you he recently sold me a pair of Aksiums for £95! So I cannot complain.

Bonj,

I was a bit harsh earlier and, a little confused as to how you managed to get your sensible replies posted before my outburst, they weren't there when I replied to your first post:wacko:. As for being kicked out of the club...my LBS and the local club are sort of affiliated, once word got out that I had carried out such a despicable act, I would have been blackballed, and asked to leave. Having said that one of the vets who I ride with mid week said today that I should have bought them, as the shop would have just have had to sell a few more innertubes to recoup the loss, thats a whole lot of innertubes though!!:becool:

bonj2

fwiw, if I'd been in that situation, and the temptation had have got the better of me (not that i'm saying it would have), and I was ousted, then I probably would have been all surprised and made out i thought they were aksiums, and offered to take them off but come over all like a sob story like i've already fallen in love with them.
so you'll know in future.:becool::smile:

bonj said:
fwiw, if I'd been in that situation, and the temptation had have got the better of me (not that i'm saying it would have), and I was ousted, then I probably would have been all surprised and made out i thought they were aksiums, and offered to take them off but come over all like a sob story like i've already fallen in love with them.
so you'll know in future.:becool::smile:

"testcases" - or a similar, colloquial word springs to mind here bonj - all's well that ends well. :smile:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i just had the takeaway driver try to give me £6 change for a £14 bill when i gave him £15. told him he only owed me £1. didn't like to think what a bollocking he'd get if he turned up £5 light back at the curry house.

Top Bottom