Ten years ago today Amy Winehouse died

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
She was superb, a real talent lost way too soon.

GM

Legendary Member
Yes, very sad a great talent gone too soon. My daughter was school friends with Amy up until her early teens when she changed schools. Shortly after Amy's death my daughter was hounded by the press for any school photos offering big sums of money, being loyal and level headed she promptly told them to go forth and multiply.

Yes, very sad a great talent gone too soon. My daughter was school friends with Amy up until her early teens when she changed schools. Shortly after Amy's death my daughter was hounded by the press for any school photos offering big sums of money, being loyal and level headed she promptly told them to go forth and multiply.
That needs a "Sad" and a "Thumbsup".

Meanwhile, her dad has released some material recorded before she got a record deal (possibly as a school-kid). I think he's describing it as very amateurish, but if her fans want to hear it, he's happy to help.

GM

Legendary Member
That needs a "Sad" and a "Thumbsup".

Meanwhile, her dad has released some material recorded before she got a record deal (possibly as a school-kid). I think he's describing it as very amateurish, but if her fans want to hear it, he's happy to help.

I could tell you some stories about Mitch her dad, but that would have to be over a pint and definitely not on here.

Amy Winehouse and many others in their youth and prime lost their lives to drugs. Yet to accommodate the majority who can handle it society is heading towards legalising gateway drugs. Not a good move. Not something we need except for those with medical needs.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Anyone of the forum been to Camden Market ? It has a life size statute of the young lady near the centre. Its lovely.
Her favourite pub, the Hawley Arms is close by.
She had a great voice, it's a shame she got in with some shady characters and went off the rails.

All reports say she died of accidental alcohol poisoning - not drugs. She literally drank herself to death.

Very sad.
Not just drinks, history of drug usage - heroin, crack, cocaine etc. Yes, the final cause was alcohol poisoning. Easing of laws will make it worse.

Top Bottom