Tenn Storm Jacket Awesome & lightweight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cycleGeoff

Hey everyone,

It's currently raining alot in southern england, and so I tried this storm jacket from tenn. I like Tenn stuff because it's affordable and good quality, but now they seem to have upped their game.

A05353200.jpg

They've started making more professional/super quality gear that costs a bit more, but I would still expect to be like double the price from say, Endura. This storm jacket is the best waterproof jacket I've yet had, hands down. The back is slightly lower than the front which is great, because theres nothing like riding with you rear in the rain! good number of zip waterproof pockets.

The best thing about this jacket is that it's fairly lightweight and breathable, but still is great for riding in the rain. The vents under the arms mean that getting all hot and sweaty is pretty unlikely here.

It also looks great.

Jacket is HERE

Really this comes highly recommended from me.

It looks awfully long hemmed to me. I would expect the front to bunch up when in the hunched over position on a road bike...or am I wrong?

OP
OP
C

cycleGeoff

hm, yeah the pic I used there does make it look long... but mine ends comfortably just below my belt line, not reaching my thighs. It doesn't bunch, but does hang slightly when in the hunched position.

OP
OP
C

cycleGeoff

You mean like... if I know them? nah. I just like their stuff.

I used to post about endura on other sites before I knew about Tenn, but looking at my recent posts I defo see what you mean there.

Don't worry i'm not an internet robot or whatever they use! :smile:

yello

nah. I just like their stuff.

Good man, it's good to get unbiased reviews of gear. I only asked because you seemed almost in raptures over what looked, to me, like a fairly generic looking waterproof.

Not knocking Tenn btw. Their stuff does look well made (as much as one can tell on the web!) and you can't argue with the prices. Plus others here have recommended it too. If I was in need of anything then I'd give them a go myself.

OP
OP
C

cycleGeoff

No problem. its the inside that makes this jacket pretty cool... its inner layer is a breathable mesh thats also pretty comfortable. But then I do tend to get overexcited about things! I'll post again if I find any problems with it. Gonna do a 50 mile ride this weekend, and if it's raining we'll see how it holds up!

Yeah... the one problem with tenn is that some of their products only comes in one or two colours. There's also a navy one of this, i think.

So they only make a rain jacket in about the worst colours you could choose for visability? Do they do a communting jacket in urban camoflage pattern?

Top Bottom