Tenn Storm Jacket Awesome & lightweight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

cycleGeoff

So they only make a rain jacket in about the worst colours you could choose for visability? Do they do a communting jacket in urban camoflage pattern?

I dunno, guess you'll have to check their site. But anything that does come in black or blue from them seems to have high-viz strips for visibility to make up for the dark colours.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
So they only make a rain jacket in about the worst colours you could choose for visability? Do they do a communting jacket in urban camoflage pattern?

To be honest this is something that a lot of cycle clothing manufacturers seem to be guilty of recently, I bought an altura etape gilet and I had a choice of black and red WTF what happened to look at me yellow.

The jacket the OP shows is actually from their 'Outdoor' range. They also list cycle specific jackets, which, to address some of the angst here over colour, are available in red and blue as well as hi-viz orange, green and yellow. I think I'll order s a jersey or two to check them out.

lindaknowles

hi all, just to add, the jacket pictured isnt actually cycle specific. I have a lightweight cycle specific tennoutdoors jacket (in navy with reflective strips on!!! woo hoo I hear you cry). looked at the pictured one but decided too long for my 5'6". They do hivis stuff as well. I spend hours trawling through the sites for good cost effective gear.

Hope this helps. :hello: :smile:Oh and their stuff is free postage and very quick delivery. Spoke to a lady at the place they are additing to their range all the time.

Sorry about the duplication to the other persons comments, didnt see it there when I typed mine. :wacko:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hmm, I remain unconvinced about Tenn Outdoors. Bought one of their ladies' cycling gilets and wore it for the first time today. It's designed to be long enough to keep one's posterior warm and dry (in shower) but it spent the entire day bunched up around my waist. And I haven't yet figured out what's "lady" specific about it, since it's as tailored as a sack of spuds.

I can't decide whether to put it on eBay or have a go at adjusting it.

*grump*

Norm

I've had a few bits of Tenn Outdoors kit and love it. Especially love the shirts made from recycled coffee beans (no, really!) which can easily go for a week between washes. :ohmy:

potsy

Rambler
Hmm, I remain unconvinced about Tenn Outdoors. Bought one of their ladies' cycling gilets and wore it for the first time today. It's designed to be long enough to keep one's posterior warm and dry (in shower) but it spent the entire day bunched up around my waist. And I haven't yet figured out what's "lady" specific about it, since it's as tailored as a sack of spuds.

*grump*

Why do I keep whistling the theme to Mission Impossible? :whistle:

Oh yeah. Definitely a cool job. Good money too! :smile:

Though sometimes I wish I could deal with less math... there's so much math...

Forgive my Englishness, but is this math you speak of the same things as the mathematics we have in the UK :whistle:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
cycleGeoff said:
Oh yeah. Definitely a cool job. Good money too! :smile:

Though sometimes I wish I could deal with less math... there's so much math...

Hehe I teach web and games design at college (only A level standard, and I'm web more than games). We're forever telling our students that they need to work on their maths! Nice to hear it from the horses mouth.

I've had a few bits of Tenn Outdoors kit and love it. Especially love the shirts made from recycled coffee beans (no, really!) which can easily go for a week between washes. :ohmy:

Holy resurrected thread Batman! - I bought some Tenn gear when this thread was first posted. Well chuffed.

and +1 for the 'coffee bean' gear - unbelivable wicking in hot conditions, and amazingly warm to wear in cooler spring/summer conditions.

<puts on David Coleman voice> Errrr, amazing.

wakou

Über Member

*grump*
Why would you wear a gilet in the shower?

Top Bottom