Tentative FS: Shimano 105 R7000 set

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sloth

I am considering swapping out my bikes (2022 Giant Fastroad Advanced 1) current 105 2x set up, for a 1x (done by the LBS).
A large part of whether I do this will be if I can off-set some of the cost by selling my existing set up.
I am advised that the components I’d be taking off the bike (and therefore selling) would be …
  • 105 RD-R7000-GS rear derailleur,
  • 105 FD-R7000 braze-on front derailleur,
  • CS-HG700 11-34 cassette and
  • 105 FC-R7000 50-34 chainrings.
  • 105 Front & Rear flat bar shifters
I’m not 100% putting them up yet, as being able to sell them is kind of linked in to my getting the conversion done.
So if anyone would be interested ‘in principle’ then let me know as one thing is dependent on the other.
As for price, well I'm not sure but I think perhaps £200 for the lot is fair?

Cheers
Sloth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

A tentative bump for a tentative sale 😉

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Wow tough crowd!
Is it usually this slow on here or am I selling something nobody wants?

Jameshow

Veteran
I reckon it's the flat bar shifters people with hybrids don't tend to change groupsets it's the hardcore roadies or MTBer who do silly tings like that!

Had it had sti it would have long gone....

vickster

Legendary Member
Just stick on eBay once you actually have made a decision and have the items off the bike ready to despatch.

This section is for selling not pondering!
And as above, it’s rubbish here for selling anything with actual value :rolleyes:

Not sure you’ll get £200 on eBay either at least as a set, maybe separately. But you’ll pay fees each time so list on a low fees offer weekend (if you’re a regular seller and get the offer through).
See what each item sells for new and take 25-30% off

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Hi Vickster, yeah I expected some flak for the ‘tentative’ thing.
However I probably need to clarify that it’s only ‘tentative’ insofar as I can’t afford to do the switch unless I have a buyer ‘in waiting’ for the 105 bits. It is what it is in that regard so doing the conversion before putting the bits up for sale doesn’t work for me.
Thats why they’re not yet on eBay, they won’t be removed until I have a buyer and can proceed with it all.
Of course I’d not expect payment until it was sorted, and it would be an agreement based on honesty to complete the sale on that basis.
Unorthodox? Perhaps, but I believe workable.
As for price, well I’m open to offers but eBay won’t work as the parts are not immediately available.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Hi Vickster, yeah I expected some flak for the ‘tentative’ thing.
However I probably need to clarify that it’s only ‘tentative’ insofar as I can’t afford to do the switch unless I have a buyer ‘in waiting’ for the 105 bits. It is what it is in that regard so doing the conversion before putting the bits up for sale doesn’t work for me.
Thats why they’re not yet on eBay, they won’t be removed until I have a buyer and can proceed with it all.
Of course I’d not expect payment until it was sorted, and it would be an agreement based on honesty to complete the sale on that basis.
Unorthodox? Perhaps, but I believe workable.
As for price, well I’m open to offers but eBay won’t work as the parts are not immediately available.

Buyers, like sellers, crave certainties. And generally want purchases asap.

Therein lies your problem.

Can't see it being solved unless you find a way of getting the kit off of the bike first.

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

There's no uncertainty here.
The only if is if someone commits to buying, I will have the conversion done and sell them the 105 parts.
It is a when not an if in that respect.
It is what it is, but I appreciate your comments.

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Appreciate the suggestion, but that's not the way I roll. ^_^
Sure I have cards but I only use them to keep my cash in the bank a little longer. I always pay the bill in full, every month.

OP
OP
Sloth

Sloth

Plus, if the parts don't sell then I still have to pay the card.
The whole point is that I want to use the sold 105 parts to part fund the conversion. No sale, no conversion. :okay:

Top Bottom