Tern Link D8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Managed to get this off a local free Facebook page before Christmas.

Was advertised missing the seat post,clamp and shim but eventually came with two seat posts although only one was the right one.

This is how I collected it;
;

And after some t'internet searching for the right parts ;

Not bad for a total cost of £20 and some stickers,,,,

Rides fine at the mo and will run as is over winter but will look at fitting some better levers and brake arms I have and replace the agricultural SRAM gears with Shimano.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nice, and for a fraction of the cost of a Brompton.
Nothing too much wrong with SRAM, I should try replacing the cables and cleaning the shifter and try again.
What's wrong with the levers?

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Good to see another Tern. I've been riding a Tern link Uno for the last 5 years, the single speed version of your bike. It's been really reliable and a lovely bike to ride. 20 pounds for yours sounds like a bargain.

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
Nice, and for a fraction of the cost of a Brompton.
Nothing too much wrong with SRAM, I should try replacing the cables and cleaning the shifter and try again.
What's wrong with the levers?

The Sram does work and I did lube everything(also the adjuster on the mech is seized-it moves enough but wary of being to brutal with it) but I just hate twist grips, so as I have some shifters I'll change at some point.

The levers have had some damage and there is a lot of slop on them and again have some Dia-Compe levers not being used so will swap over when I do the over-haul in the summer.

Top Bottom