Tesco folding tyres - £ 9!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

02GF74

Über Member
Anyone using the £ 9.00 folding tyres at Tescos? Good or bad?

Look ok to me and for £ 9 have got to be a bargain, 2 types available in 26 inch size, one are road biased and others off road.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Not me - might be worth looking at for the missus' bike, as she's the only one in the family with 26" wheels...

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
They sell tyres in Tesco? only a matter of time before I'll be able to pick up a Tesco value skinsuit while stocking up on brioche and chocolate milk.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
palinurus said:
They sell tyres in Tesco? only a matter of time before I'll be able to pick up a Tesco value skinsuit while stocking up on brioche and chocolate milk.

Quite a few of the supermarkets in France seemed to allow just this (well, maybe not the skinsuit, but I remember Leclerc's in Ferté Bernard offering a small range of shimano componentry among other bits and pieces, bike stuff taking up a whole aisle of a large store).

walker

domtyler said:
I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole myself.

If I didn't need the performance I'd go for it, a bit like the cheap tyres i have on the car, although it's hard to find cheap tyres as the car is meant to only take Pirelli's.

I would go for it, get a couple and see how they last. I would imagine by the price that they aren't handmade so the finish won't be of any great standard

palinurus said:

the tescos down the road from you and me in Borehamstiff will almost stock them,its so bl@@dy massive

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Tescos in Prague has a huge isle with bike stuff on, and stocks bikes. Not seen it in the UK though.
It also has employees going round on roller blades socking shelves. :blush:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Joe24 said:
Tescos in Prague has a huge isle with bike stuff on, and stocks bikes. Not seen it in the UK though.
It also has employees going round on roller blades socking shelves. :tongue:

Poor shelves - what did they do to deserve being beaten up ? :biggrin:

In North End they were selling kids bikes at £15 - cheaper replacing them than buying a padlock to secure them!

mondobongo

Über Member
Saw them last night Kevlar beading but they look awful minimal tread definitely no dual compound, cheap nasty tyres.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
goo_mason said:
Poor shelves - what did they do to deserve being beaten up ? :blush:

Sounds like the time I went into B&Q and a staff member asked if I wanted decking. Turned out OK though, I got the first punch in and he went down like a sack of spuds... :smile:

Top Bottom