Tesco scales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim_Noir

Not sure where to post this, but though someone might like a heads up.

Mrs has been on my case as I have the bathroom scales set yo KG (yes she could just flick the switch at the back but hey that's not the point)... so she wanted to get another pair, and ones that read your body fat %. So Tesco last night had a set of weight watchers ones (http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-2022.aspx) at 20 quid, she said they are normaly £40.. but at the check out, ding dong they are a tenner. So anyone in the market for thse go grab them.

Oh and I have set them up to KG :biggrin:

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
How accurate are they?

blazed

220lb+
Jim_Noir said:
Not sure where to post this, but though someone might like a heads up.

Mrs has been on my case as I have the bathroom scales set yo KG (yes she could just flick the switch at the back but hey that's not the point)... so she wanted to get another pair, and ones that read your body fat %. So Tesco last night had a set of weight watchers ones (http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-2022.aspx) at 20 quid, she said they are normaly £40.. but at the check out, ding dong they are a tenner. So anyone in the market for thse go grab them.

Oh and I have set them up to KG :smile:

Good deal. The body fat % readings on them are nothing more than a novelty though if you want proper readings you should use calipers.

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

yorkshiregoth said:
How accurate are they?

To be honest I'd say the body fat part usesa formula rather than any "withc craft". Last time I got a full fitness MOT at the gym (6 weeks ago) I was sitting at 60kg and 10% body fat. I used these ones today and I am sitting at 62 kg (which is about right as I feel I haveput a hell of a lot of leg muscle on with the new bike) but it said that my body fat is 17%... this would mean that in 6 weeks I have but on about a fair bit of fat (which might be the case hence the 2 kg extra). I then changed my age to ten years younger and my body fat dropped by 3% :S

Soooo, not how the body fat bit works... but still a tenner is an ok price for a set of decent scales.

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

Are they totaly acrute thouhg, for eg someone who loses a lot of weight is going to have a lot of lose skin so would this not give a false reading? Though I suppose the lose skin would be less dense than fat... hmmm

02GF74

Über Member
Jim_Noir said:
Just did it as a woman ten years older than myself, now saying body fat is 22%!

WTF - scales that predict the future, how can they know that?

stay off the pies is my advice.

monnet

Guru
We have a 'fitness machine' at work. It does weight, blood pressure etc. but body fat is my favourite. I'm, admittedly, a pretty lean healthy eating roadie but the readings never cease to entertain me. One day it told me I had 3% body fat, which would make me skinnier than Bradley Wiggins on the Champs Elysee. Absolute nonsense.

OP
OP
Jim_Noir

Jim_Noir

Used the one at the gym... says body fat is 8%

Then was in morrisons and used theres... daid I was -2%...ermm hello!!!

jimboalee

Body fat scales.
Bioimpedence method.
Totally useless for people who exercise due to undeterminate hydration levels.

I use Slimguide calipers.

Had hours of frustration trying to device a 'frig factor' for the Tanita readout, but with NO success.

Fat % bathroom scales = Waste of money.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Mrs had some BMI WW scales a few years ago - the batteries lasted about 5 days.... (but not that model BTW)

Top Bottom