(Testing water) Boardman Hybrid comp 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
I am thinking of selling this, I just wanted to see what the value was first.

It's all standard bar the brakes and wheels, I have some Alexrims fitted and TRP Spyres.

I am considering selling to fund my next bike.

Also fitted some bar ends, I would include the clipless pedals, you can also use those with flat shoes.

I wouldn't include the bag,lights and cateye velo.

It all works great, some rub marks etc the usual things expected from something a year old.

Size 54.

Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_5172.JPG
    IMG_5172.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5173.JPG
    IMG_5173.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5174.JPG
    IMG_5174.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5175.JPG
    IMG_5175.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5176.JPG
    IMG_5176.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5177.JPG
    IMG_5177.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
£250-300 would be my guess, they sell a lot on eBay so perhaps have a look there to see what current and completed auctions are doing

Be prepared to deliver if out in the sticks a bit

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
£250-300 would be my guess, they sell a lot on eBay so perhaps have a look there to see what current and completed auctions are doing

Be prepared to deliver if out in the sticks a bit

Hmmm I was hoping for a little more, I would like to increase the coffers for my new bike but at the same time it's a balancing act.

I will think a little more on it and see how I feel.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'd agree with Vickster at the £250-300 end, Boardman aren't all that much in demand used, because there are so many offers new, especially at this time of the year. Even the Road Team Carbon is only a tad over £700 new at the moment.
Your bike is nice, to be honest I'd keep it, you will regret letting it go for that much. Try to get your next bike on 6 months interest free finance if you can, that way you likely won't notice the outlay so much. I've justified two bikes this year that way. :-)

vickster

Legendary Member
Hmmm I was hoping for a little more, I would like to increase the coffers for my new bike but at the same time it's a balancing act.

I will think a little more on it and see how I feel.
Second hand bike prices aren't great. Especially coming into winter. My local halfords has the current model for £400, £360 British cycling. Your upgrades are unlikely to add much value. You might get lucky on eBay but you'll need to clear 10% more to cover the fees
If you do sell, make sure you have the receipt. Lots of nicked ones out there (an ex colleague's for example :sad: )

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I'd agree with Vickster at the £250-300 end, Boardman aren't all that much in demand used, because there are so many offers new, especially at this time of the year. Even the Road Team Carbon is only a tad over £700 new at the moment.
Your bike is nice, to be honest I'd keep it, you will regret letting it go for that much. Try to get your next bike on 6 months interest free finance if you can, that way you likely won't notice the outlay so much. I've justified two bikes this year that way. :-)

I think you're right, I would be a little miffed to let it go that cheap.

I have the deposit for a new bike, most bike stores/online use this V12 finance I am still temping at the moment so not sure I will pass the checks.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Second hand bike prices aren't great. Especially coming into winter. My local halfords has the current model for £400, £360 British cycling. Your upgrades are unlikely to add much value. You might get lucky on eBay but you'll need to clear 10% more to cover the fees
If you do sell, make sure you have the receipt. Lots of nicked ones out there (an ex colleague's for example :sad: )

It's why I have been reluctant to buy from EBay as I am scared I will end up with a stolen bike.

I even have the receipts for my tyres on this bike! I literally kept all the receipts.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just have to be sensible when buying. Ask for a receipt. If it looks too good to be true...gauge the seller by conversing with them

e-rider

crappy member
I wouldn't buy an expensive bike from ebay! OK for a cheap commuter but if you are looking for a top spec bike visit your LBS or well known online stores.

mythste

Veteran
Do you still have the original wheels and brakes? You might up your sale price by putting the originals back on and selling the upgrades separately.

vickster

Legendary Member
I wouldn't buy an expensive bike from ebay! OK for a cheap commuter but if you are looking for a top spec bike visit your LBS or well known online stores.
Is it an expensive bike at £250? My last eBay purchase was around that, essentially a commuter/shopper. And I've sold a number of bikes (with paperwork) on eBay and gumtree for the £250-350 mark. LBS have a pretty limited range of light modern bikes in that price range

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Do you still have the original wheels and brakes? You might up your sale price by putting the originals back on and selling the upgrades separately.

I kept the old BB5 brakes and discs those for sure could be reinstated.

The original rear wheel got destroyed by a pot hole so those would have to stay, that's not a bad idea though as the Spyres aren't cheap, the sale of the Spyres alone would help no end.

vickster

Legendary Member
Once you've decided to sell, stick it on eBay with a good description and photos. If not in a hurry, do a 30 day BIN with best offer. Add 10% to your minimum selling price for the lowest offer you'd take

How much were the brakes? Used I reckon you'd get maybe 60% of the lowest selling price online, so if £100, £60. Again eBay will take 10%. I'm not sure I'd bother swapping. Just sell the BB5s

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Once you've decided to sell, stick it on eBay with a good description and photos. If not in a hurry, do a 30 day BIN with best offer. Add 10% to your minimum selling price for the lowest offer you'd take

How much were the brakes? Used I reckon you'd get maybe 60% of the lowest selling price online, so if £100, £60. Again eBay will take 10%. I'm not sure I'd bother swapping. Just sell the BB5s

Spyres were around £120 so hmmm!

Would people want 2nd hand BB5's?

Top Bottom