Thank F*** for good brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

solmisation

After 1 year of commuting I had my first really close shave this morning. Riding along The Broomielaw into the centre of Glasgow this morning, in primary position in left hand lane, when this a***hole overtakes on my right hand side and then does a sharp left into a side road. if I had been on my older bike I don't think I would have stopped in time, and would have gone into the side of him.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
oooh sounds nasty.. and yes indeed for good brakes. So check those worn brake blocks good people.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
ianrauk said:
oooh sounds nasty.. and yes indeed for good brakes. So check those worn brake blocks good people.

And put on some good sticky tyres replacing those cheap sh***y tyres that came with the bike when you bought it.:thumbsup:

Fly

similar but I was even luckier. my brakes did more breaking than braking. so all new arms and koolstops. Time for a test ride. Came to this road. I was in the bus lane going same speed as traffic so ~25mph? then suddenly I find my self hurtling towards a large metal wall. very glad I put the kit on! nearly threw myself over the handle bars but the brakes worked well :smile:

The driver behind wasn't impressed. good lesson for his student though.

Top Bottom