Thank God I am not bald

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...'cos today on my 90km ride I got a wasp fly inside my helmet and buzz around in a frenzy....I had to suddenly pull up and get it out at the side of the road (the wasp...the wasp...). I am sure my long hair prevented several stings.

?? draw strings on the legs of your shorts ??

When we were camping in August, I returned to my half finished beer bottle, gave it a quick look, took a swig and realised I had a wasp in my mouth. Spat it out v.quickly and probably got a sort of half sting because it didn't swell or hurt too badly. I'm glad I didn't swallow it or get it stuck in my throat...:smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Last week I was picking plums and nearly picked one with a wasp on it. I'm glad I didn't.

ajevans

Last year I got a wasp stuck in my cycling jersey two days in a row!

It was a hot week, so I had my zip down. Got stung three times in total.

On the plus side I'm less scared of wasps now as although stings are painful there not that bad.

On another note I got stung by a bee on a mountain this year. My now ex-gf gave me very little sympathy whatsoever. 10 minutes later a bigger bee stung her! Was very hard not to laugh.

bazzadigz C+

Around June time I was helping a relative cut down the garden to his new house. Worked my way through a pile of old wood at the back of the garden with sheers and shredder. Queue hundred of wasps defending their nest.. Result? 43 stings to myself, 5 on my girlfriend at the other end of the garden, 10 additioanl stings to other members of the family and 2hours in A&E! :smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Back in May when my mate and I were doing the C2C, my mate, Dave got stung by a Bee that flew into his helmet. Whilst trying to deal with that he skidded on a damp path that we were on near Newcastle at the time and crashed into a bed of stinging nettles head first. He was not amused. He had nettle rash all around his face and a great lump on his balding head where the Bee got him. I couldn't help but laugh, he didn't see the funny side for quite a while.

ajevans

Paulus said:
Back in May when my mate and I were doing the C2C, my mate, Dave got stung by a Bee that flew into his helmet. Whilst trying to deal with that he skidded on a damp path that we were on near Newcastle at the time and crashed into a bed of stinging nettles head first. He was not amused. He had nettle rash all around his face and a great lump on his balding head where the Bee got him. I couldn't help but laugh, he didn't see the funny side for quite a while.

Well I can fully understand why he'd Bee upset

Sorry :smile:

ChrisKH

Guru
Imagine that happening on the High Street on a busy saturday and having to drop your kecks.

Not that you would find me down the High Street in a pair of bibshorts.

Whilst wildnerness camping half way down Harper Mountain in BC, I woke up early and needed the loo. The place is so unspoilt, the advice is to lift the moss (there's lots of it around), do your doings and then replace the moss on top. So I lifted the moss, and had my wee. Unfortunately there was a bees nest under the bit of moss I'd lifted. I only discovered this mid-wee, as the resident bees took exception to a giant arse soaking their abode, and reacted in the way they only know how. Cue one mountain biker, trolleys round ankles desperately trying to get away from the swarm and back into her tent. I made it, but there were a couple of bees circling my tent for about two hours afterwards! Luckily the stings weren't too bad...

Top Bottom