Thank you Airzound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnny Thin

I use mine more than I should! I always parp people that parp me, without knowing why though plenty of them are just plain ignorant c****s so I give as good as I get. Tonight I was blasting down the road into Stourbridge at at least 35mph (no wind) and a car pulled out in front from a school, once I'd slowed down a bit I 'punished' them for it with the Zound.

Could have done with one this morning after a dodgy overtake on a bend by a black BMW. The kid in the back look terrified, hopefully she made enough noise for me.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Terminator said:
BentMikey has modified his Airzound for a bigger air reservoir.

Doesn't he use a beer keg now?

Now that would let me mount an artic. lorry or perhaps even a train airhorn!!! How cool would that be?

Actually I have a 2l coke bottle inside my tailfairing as reservoir. It's overkill for the airzound!

Arch

Married to Night Train
BentMikey said:
Now that would let me mount an artic. lorry or perhaps even a train airhorn!!! How cool would that be?

Probably not good for your ears... I heard of a couple of diesel loco restoration enthusiasts who got hold of one and tested it in their frint room, wired up to a car battery. Blew their windows out.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
No, I rely on shouting on the fixed. I'm tempted to fit an airzound, but I'm not so sure how to reliably use both brakes and the airzound button at the same time on drops.

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

BentMikey said:
No, I rely on shouting on the fixed. I'm tempted to fit an airzound, but I'm not so sure how to reliably use both brakes and the airzound button at the same time on drops.

Yes it's a problem after our last discussion I changed my setup which has made access to it much better but still don't think I could slam both brakes on and use the horn simultaneously.

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

Maz said:
Airzounds are for bullies.

troll
Simply not true, airzounds don't have to function at maximum volume and I for one use it sparingly but when you need it nothing is more effective.

Johnny Thin

Something I've noticed several times is that a Zound is exactly an octave above a "standard HGV horn" pitch, it's an E flat or an A flat I think. They parp you and you parp them back exactly an octave higher, like tonight.

Top Bottom