THANK YOU, Everyone !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Damn - in the time that you've lost 25 stone, I've actually gained weight. You now weigh about a stone less than me and you are 2 inches taller!

Congratulations to you, and a good wrist-slapping for me! 

rockyraccoon

Veteran
well done! such an example and inspiration! Thank YOU for sharing that.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
14 ST 8 Thats incredible Gaz ,I hadnt realized you had got down to that yet. :thumbsup:

This is a serious question that I am sure must have come up before but have you considered writing a book about your experiences? You dont need to actually write it yourself and I am sure it would be a hit. Weight management and cycling are both popular topics.

If you hadnt taken up cycling do you think you could have achieved this much by other forms of exercise ,walking swimming gym etc? I think its the fact that cycling becomes part of your daily life that makes it work.

A few people have asked me about a book, its not something I ever considered , until they mentioned it, know any good publishers ? :biggrin:

Without cycling i'd be dead now mate, I tried swimming......Made me eat MORE, I gained weight

Tried the gym and that ended up with me taking time off work sick as my body couldn't cope

A lot of why I have achieved what I have, is down to the fact that its now part of every day life yes, that and I have found a love for cycling, I could never have done it, without cycling

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Gaz, well done I am forever sending out a link to your blog amazing amount of "bottle" it must have taken to make that first ride @ 40st I found it hard to make the move @ 17st! I was mostly concerned about people thinking what the hell is that silly fat sod doing on a bike, that and keeling over.

You mention in your Blog about excess skin (when in the Hospital) do you have any plans for dealing with that problem?

Yup there is, I am just jumping through the PCT hoops as we speak, will announce it on the blog when its all official

Ste T.

Guru
A simply stunning achievement Gaz, well done. :biggrin: You are in inspiration to anyone with their own mountain to climb. Well done!

Well done Gaz, and I will most certanly be raising a glass to you come New years Eve (when I decide on my resolutions for the next twelve months) As it happens I have not lost much weight of late as I haven't been out and about on my bike since my gf's house move ( the lanes around where she used to live were great for training) but I shall get back into it once my new Secteur turns up.
As for the book, you could do worse than contact these people: http://www.maxclifford.com/

If they can't point you in the right direction nobody can. They're not everybody's favourite sort of folk but they do good stuff away from the celebrities. And it costs nowt to ask, eh?

All the best mate,

Bill

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Gaz, you're a git. As you may have noticed you are now making people uncomfortable by weighing less than them and being much taller. Stop it immediately. :angry:

:biggrin:

Seriously though, extraordinary work you've done there mate. You put me to shame with your mileage, your willpower and your commitment. Keep up the good work!!

Gaz I echo all the sentiments above and much more you inspired my husband to lose 7 stone and now it's my turn to deal with my fat. It's so easy to make an excuse rather than get my fat arse on my lovely new bike (well it was last year my first ever!) So we have a turbo trainer, have the videos (yes he got video's to inspire him when he was using the turbo) I HAVE NO EXCUSE!

Thank you Gaz for sharing your blog it's been a true inspiration :bravo: but I'll forgo the wine and have a beer (see that's my problem lol)

Top Bottom