Thank you thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
A discussion on another thread about help from others while out and about made me think we should have a thank you thread. I’m sure we all have experienced small acts of kindness that have got us out of a fix or just made a day more enjoyable. Hopefully we have had pleasure in reciprocating too.

So, here’s an example, thanks to the guy who bailed me out on top of Harris Fell when I had a puncture and was not able to get the tyre reinflated. You saved the day!

Seems trivial - but thanks to all those that reply when I am riding, need to pass someone so ring my bell and then say "thank you" when I pass them
and they reply "you're welcome" - or "s'ok mate" - or whatever - even a smile

cheers me up!

D

Deleted member 1258

When I'm out and about pushing my Good Lady in her wheelchair most people are bright cheerful kind and helpful we thank most people, those we can't thank we give a wave of thanks to, people who stop their cars to let us across the road for example. Its nice to see that there are so many good people about, its a shame they don't get much publicity.

OP
OP
G

geocycle

Legendary Member
Thanks to the Lancaster ticket office staff who saved the day yesterday when trains were cancelled. The platform staff were struggling to find spaces for cyclists heading to UCI worlds in Glasgow and TPE cancellations. The ticket office realised I was only going to Penrith and got me rebooked only 10 minutes later despite initially scratching heads and mentioning come back in the afternoon. Phew!

OP
OP
G

geocycle

Legendary Member
Thanks to Glen, a fellow cyclist from Lytham. He saw me struggling at a cafe after an off today, and spontaneously volunteered to drive me home. A 90 minute round trip for him and missing out an afternoon ride on his fixed. He wouldn’t take anything for his trouble so here are my thanks.

Last edited:
Stopped on my way home today due to an annoying noise from the front mudguard

turned out that the nuts holding the stays (is that the name - the metal rods holding the back of the front mudguard to the frame???) were loose and I was trying to tighten them using a multi-tool
multi-tool is great and has every tool I needed
but you can only use one at a time - and I needed an allen key and a spanner - so I was about to give up - hit it a bit and carry on

anyway - a cyclist came pat and stopped to ask if I needed help - nice bloke - white hair - didn't notice much else as I was looking trhe other way and just turned round to say thanks

anyway - if he is on here - thanks again - much appreciated

Top Bottom