1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Bike Radar forum thingy

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Renard, 28 Aug 2007.

1. Renard

Renard Guest

2. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Been discussed to death a bit round these parts! Not commenting on the goodness or badness of BR but the fact that a lot of people formerly on C+ and BR are now here should tell you something :-)

3. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

That's why most (if not all ) of the former C+ forummers 'ported here. Bike Radar was forced upon us, it was too big and there were some teething problems with users names, and post counts.

We all came here cos it was so much cosier, just like the 'old place'.;)

4. Cab

Cab New Member

Dunno, haven't looked at the site in a while now. A combination of rude forum admin, sloppy journalism and general naffness made me give up on it.

I don't think of this site as in any way a replacement for or a place to use because I don't like Bike Radar. Its simply a different site.

5. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

A fair few old C+ members stayed with BR rather than coming here. Best of luck to them, it wasn't for me though.

6. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

i couldn't really put my finger on why i didn't like it. it was a bit ugly and the navigation was a bit hard. like you only wanted to go back one step and you'd end up right at the beginning of the forum lists. v.annoying.

but yea, this place does seem more cosy.

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I suppose most of us are against change with something that we liked to be a part of, now I'm here I rarely look at that site.

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Too unwieldy.

9. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

I only ever look at it for it's route thingy, quite useful.......

the forum is fiddle tho.......

10. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

The classifieds are alright in BR but apart from that...