That does it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
From today I carry a spare MTB tube on the road bike and a spare road bike tube on the MTB bike. Out for a ride today and I could not help a chap pushing his bike, OK he only had 1/2 mile back to his car but that is not the point. So next time I will be better equipped.

In the last 12 years I have been able to stop and offer a tube to I think about 7 people who have accepted and many more who declined the offer, some I have taken back to the house to fix their bike, only in the hope that what goes around comes around.

I must add that I back onto the only rough part of the Lincoln/Bostons Sustrans route which is why I expect I am able to help these people.

I am not after a slap on the back far from it as I know all of you on here would do the same.

chewy

its nice to be nice.

I have been assisted by a fellow cyclist at the side of the road (I forgot my pump!) and he was a very welcome sight indeed

It IS nice to be nice ... I just wish my kids wouldn't insist on using up all the karma I've been building up by being nice.
  • Number of times I've been helped - far outweighed by the number of times I've helped.
  • Number of times my kids have been helped - hmmm, now we're talking Startrek warp factors!
Karma's a fickle lady :tongue:

Big boy

I got a flat about a mile from home, before i got back 2 people offered help.
One was in a van offered to chuck me and the bike in the back for a ride home, other chap was a cyclist who offered me an inner tube.
Some decent people out there for sure

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
From today I carry a spare MTB tube on the road bike and a spare road bike tube on the MTB bike.

I take it that you'll be carrying a spare for yourself too. I wouldn't rely on Karma to get you home...

I like your idea though; I'm getting a couple of tubes soon, and I'll start carrying a spare for someone else. :thumbsup:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I'm prepared to carry a patch kit but that's as far as I'll go. If any body needs a patch, some glue, a small yellow crayon and some chalk, well they're more than welcome. Giving things away willy nilly might be alright for thems what can afford it but I'm not made of bloomin' innertubes.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I've been helped twice and offered help loads of times, but I've never yet had an offer of help accepted. One day I'll be someone's knight in shining armour, with a fresh inner tube in my hand and a song in my heart.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I'm prepared to carry a patch kit but that's as far as I'll go. If any body needs a patch, some glue, a small yellow crayon and some chalk, well they're more than welcome. Giving things away willy nilly might be alright for thems what can afford it but I'm not made of bloomin' innertubes.

So this is not you then, with a friend...?

bibs.jpg

Top Bottom