That felt gooood!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
You may remember that I've been having really bad knee pain (IT band) trouble recently. Well *touch wood* I think I'm well on my way to sorting it:tongue:
I've been confined to commuting on the mountain bike with no pleasure riding for a couple of months thanks to being unable to get a pain free position on the road bike.
Well I went for a cyclefit last week which was expensive but really interesting. I am now in a very different position (had to get an inline seatpost to get far enough forward), and am wearing custom footbeds to correct my over pronating feet. I'm also on a strict stretching regime and am attempting to strengthen my glutes.
Went out this morning for the first time and clocked 22 miles with no pain whatsoever. Aside from the pain of being no way near as fit as I was a couple of months back that is!
Feels so good to be back on the road:biggrin:
MUST keep up the stretching/strengthening, and not build up the milage too quickly.
Pointless thread but I'm all full of endorphins;)

bonj2

I'm pleased for you, but i can't help wince at the comment "I've confined to an mtb, so no pleasure riding for 2 months."

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
Hehe:tongue:
I like my mountain bike. I meant more that I was confined to the bare minimum of riding (ie commuting). I'm not into off roading and don't enjoy long road rides on the mtb.

bonj2

Joe said:
Hehe:tongue:
I like my mountain bike. I meant more that I was confined to the bare minimum of riding (ie commuting). I'm not into off roading and don't enjoy long road rides on the mtb.

no i don't really either. 7 miles is pretty much enough for me on the mtb, and then I want to start seeing some rocks and roots and mud. If i want to ride anywhere any further out than the nearby part of the peaks, then, well that's why i've got a van.
Wouldn't like to commute on the mtb ;), that would be like cutting down a rainforest with a pair of nail scissors.
but off-roading is a right hoot, personally i love it. And I think if i'm going for a ride for fun, it'll normally be off road on the mtb. However I have got a lot more into roadie-ing recently and do really enjoy commuting on my road bike.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Sorry to be ignorant but what do you come away with at the end of the session - do you get a report with diagrams ?

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
sheddy said:
Sorry to be ignorant but what do you come away with at the end of the session - do you get a report with diagrams ?
I got a report of sorts. Measurements of me, comments/plan, the measurements of the "sizecycle" as it was after much tweaking, and how to set up my bike accordingly. I also got some stills from the video camera showing my original posture and the improved one.
It was a lot of money but if (as it seems) it has helped solve my problems then it was worth it for me.

Top Bottom