That French Nick leeson geezer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dave5N said:
SO who's sitting pretty with £3.75Bn in their back pocket?

If he lost it, someone must have won it? So why is it bad for the economy? :biggrin:

The hedge funds which took the contrary position. It tends to be a zero sum game with futures betting and for each loser, there's a winner.

Dave5N

Über Member
Thank you.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
The hedge funds which took the contrary position. It tends to be a zero sum game with futures betting and for each loser, there's a winner.

I heard on Toady this morning, while in the shower (steady there!), that normally the trader would make 'bets' against himself in order to minimise the losses. But that in this case, he simply didn't make them. So are there other people making these hedge bets?

Arch said:
I heard on Toady this morning, while in the shower (steady there!), that normally the trader would make 'bets' against himself in order to minimise the losses. But that in this case, he simply didn't make them. So are there other people making these hedge bets?

Unfortunately, I wasn't there. :biggrin:

(Mops fevered brow)

Yes, there have to be two to make the bet - otherwise there's no one to pay out if you win. It follows that if you lose to the extent of the Fraudulent Frog, that someone else (hopefully a Brit :biggrin:) has benefitted mightily from the Fraudulent Frog's failings.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Dave5N said:
SO who's sitting pretty with £3.75Bn in their back pocket?
I am to have lot of instanty spare cashings in my account here in Nigeria. You can to please send details of your bank account and I am to transfer 1 million of your pounds in virtual suitcase. Here is photo of my cousin Belinda who like marry you please.

Top Bottom