'That N+1'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
livpoksoc

livpoksoc

Guru
In terms of C2W, you need to look at the specific tersm of your company's specific scheme...then it's up to you whether you stick to the letter of these or bend the rules...

Do you take the bike on the train then? Can you take an unfolded bike on these at the times you travel?

Seems like the most important thing is to go to a pukka LBS and get a sportive style bike that fits (you and budget)

The terms of ours allow for this as I was advised by c2w employees when they visited us.

As for trains, no issues as I do this atm, though there are busier days when there can be problems.

I will go to a decent lbs now as I think this sounds like a good plan to see what's on offer.

vickster

Legendary Member
Indeed - there are probably about 200 different bikes out there that would meet your needs!

(more if you build your own)

vickster

Legendary Member
I bought all of the parts and a friend put it all together. An lbs will do this too, obviously charging more, especially if you don't buy them parts from them. I wanted a specific frame but a completely different spec to the off the peg bike, notably the groupset. Got the frame for a good price and then spent a couple of months buying all the parts

On C2W however, you wouldn't be able to do this of course

MattMM

I managed to get a 2013 Roubaix with 105 shifters, rear mech and Tiagra crankset/brakes for £900ish second hand. Great bike, great value and decent spec. As someone else said, newer ones have only Sora, which is a tad underwhelming if your into your groupsets.

Top Bottom