That Schleck crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
How on earth Frank Schleck was not seriously hurt in that crash yesterday I will never know. Put Eurosport news on at work this morning just to see the result for stage 5 to see him go over the barrier. Crash

Interesting comment from one of my staff' Not like footballers then these cyclists they just get on with it'.

He was indeed lucky! Saved by his necklace. :biggrin:

woohoo

Veteran
Spectacular crash but what a great attitude. No histrionics; just gets back on a replacement bike – maybe he gets paid by the mile. :smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
It's quite interesting how some craches look horrific and yet the riders get up and continue whilst other crashed don't look so bad but a visit to the hospital and extensive 'repairs' are required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

Bluddy 'ell!! A smile on his face too. What a guy!

Did he "loose control"?? Not so sure myself. He unclipped when in a comfortable road position on the bend. Was there a mechanical problem? A puncture?

Or did he just 'target fixate' and loose it?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nah, a case of, "sh!t I've over cooked it", brain kicks in and you end up not getting the correct line.... he may have lost some traction, but that looks like brain said "nope you won't make it"....

yenrod

> That Schleck crash

You turn your handle bars Frank mate and lean over too !, to the right in this instance :wacko:

Jerk.

Maybe he needs some rest from riding and some balance training ?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Quite amazing... quite right that often the worst crashes look like nothing at all and the spectacular ones like this end up with no serious injuries...

briank

yenrod said:
> That Schleck crash

You turn your handle bars Frank mate and lean over too !, to the right in this instance ;)

Jerk.

Maybe he needs some rest from riding and some balance training ?

Not so sure about that: lean, yes, but the bars? Low speed for sure, but what about speedway bikes going round with opposite lock on?

Whatever, I think fossyant's got it right: the unclipping and braking is an "Oh shoot I'm not going to make it' move.

In theory it shouldn't save you, but it's surprising how often it does get you out of trouble.

Though not always. Clearly:biggrin:

Top Bottom