That @!#$%*** shoulder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Having a camera shoved into my shoulder on....Friday the 13th! I'm hoping it's a fibre optic thing and not a VHS videocam.

Only a camera. I had full on VHS, dyson hoover and a black and decker drill in mine, all at the same time.

Didn't hurt, much, until the nerve block wore off .

Drago

Legendary Member
Nice of you to ask!

A load of inflammation, which is no surprise. I was conscious but doped up so didn't understand a lot of the finesse in what he was telling me. Spent the next say (saturday) feeling like an oom pah band was playing inside my shoulder, but today don't feel bad at all, just a touch stiff. Back at the consultant on 2nd October for a full debrief.

Drago

Legendary Member
The injections hurt, but not killer.

Next day was excruciating, postoperative levels of pain.

That eased after 2 or 3 days, then it took another week or 10 days to settle down so I could gauge how it went, but it doesn't seem any different to me. Just waiting to see to what the butchers want to do next.

Frustrating, isn't it? My (hopefully) final visit to the orthopod in a few weeks. Unless something else breaks...

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye. The butchers are looking at another MRI, then another op. Then, in general discussion, he mentioned that he might be able to do something with my elbow, so there's the distance prospect of yet another op.

My advice - don't join the police and don't get assaulted. It's really not worth it, and doesn't get easier as I get older. If I could turn back the clock knowing what I know now I wouldn't have joined.

Aye. The butchers are looking at another MRI, then another op. Then, in general discussion, he mentioned that he might be able to do something with my elbow, so there's the distance prospect of yet another op.

My advice - don't join the police and don't get assaulted. It's really not worth it, and doesn't get easier as I get older. If I could turn back the clock knowing what I know now I wouldn't have joined.
Yup. Life choices...

Top Bottom