That @!#$%*** shoulder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You do (kind of) - Tavistock hospital Minor Injuries Unit - they can check it, x-ray it and refer you into the main hospital if needed.
Unfortunately, also not particularly fit for purpose...

OK, there's good news and bad news...
Good news: The joint is in fact entirely ok, securely mounted, and no revision surgery is needed.
Bad news: Long read, bear with me. Basically, the history of this means I have no rotator cuff. Therefore, all arm power is supplied by the deltoid and is the reasoning behind an anatomically reversed joint. This means absolutely all arm power supplied by the deltoid is applied through its attachments on top of the shoulder, with the tendons flowing out over the acromion. A lot of this power would have been supplied via the rotator cuff, which goes under the acromion. So the poor old acromion takes the entire power development.
And it has snapped in half under the load.
So, arm back in a sling for 3 weeks. No cycling, or indeed, much of anything other than typing and tea-drinking...
My concern is that, however well it heals up, it's still got to take the load, forever. So if I'm not careful, and try to be macho man, it will break again.
Rats.
:angry:

D

Deleted member 1258

Good news: The joint is in fact entirely ok, securely mounted, and no revision surgery is needed.
Bad news: Long read, bear with me. Basically, the history of this means I have no rotator cuff. Therefore, all arm power is supplied by the deltoid and is the reasoning behind an anatomically reversed joint. This means absolutely all arm power supplied by the deltoid is applied through its attachments on top of the shoulder, with the tendons flowing out over the acromion. A lot of this power would have been supplied via the rotator cuff, which goes under the acromion. So the poor old acromion takes the entire power development.
So, arm back in a sling for 3 weeks. No cycling, or indeed, much of anything other than typing and tea-drinking...
My concern is that, however well it heals up, it's still got to take the load, forever. So if I'm not careful, and try to be macho man, it will break again.
Rats.

:sad: :hugs:

Rats.

Sending :hugs: from me and purry headbutts from the furry girls.

I perhaps did (tapping on phone on bus) but I don’t know how truly feeble the OP is :laugh:

Ah, the joy of either a) predictive typing or b) fat fingers... :laugh: Though am sure that jouncing up and down on a bus can't have helped... ;)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Rats.
:hugs:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Rats.

What happens re the 5cm positional difference when healed?

GWS.

Top Bottom