That silly 2mph off...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...that I had last October. Surgery never helped my shoulder, so I'm now on the pathway to a shoulder replacement. Ultrasound guided injections starting next week, and if that doesn't control the pain, burn off the suprascapular nerve. It's no longer attached to anything due to the tendons being snapped. Its only purpose is to cause pain at the moment. So, no loss. Beyond that, it's replacement, and because of age and the op itself, it's a one-shot deal. So no point in doing it until there's no other choice.

Fun, eh?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:hugs:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Following my collar bone break 2 weeks ago I'm not looking forward to the return to work and facing the derision of my boss who Is a swinging-dick BMW-driving golfing Alpha male type who always maintains that cycling is dangerous. I shall remind him that our Chairman once cited me as a model employee who almost never takes time off sick and that when I went to hospital I was told it's rare to see somebody my age with no underlying medical issues at all. So take consolation from your general health and fitness thanks to cycling.

huwsparky

Über Member
Following my collar bone break 2 weeks ago I'm not looking forward to the return to work and facing the derision of my boss who Is a swinging-dick BMW-driving golfing Alpha male type who always maintains that cycling is dangerous. I shall remind him that our Chairman once cited me as a model employee who almost never takes time off sick and that when I went to hospital I was told it's rare to see somebody my age with no underlying medical issues at all. So take consolation from your general health and fitness thanks to cycling.
If you cycle on the road, it's dangerous. You can't really argue with that.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mine still hurts on long rides, today the last 10 miles of the sportive it hurt worse than my legs and i had to lie down for 20 mins when i had done cus i couldn't walk

Globalti

Legendary Member
I like to think that despite my age (62) my former life as a rock climber and my enjoyment of DIY and household tasks as a way of maintaining upper body strength means the rehabilitation will be quick and complete. Years ago I crashed riding my mountain bike down a flight of steps (the evening before moving into a house that needed lots of work!) and bruised my shoulder very badly indeed but the rehabilitation was quick and complete.

FLYINGGATER

5 weeks since I was knocked off my bike on a roundabout by a woman driving an SUV who didn’t see me, Broken Pelvis at the front and a chipped sit bone chipped hip and Collarbone. I’ve broken that collar bone three times already, but this time it’s giving me a lot of pain. Age related I guess as these have been the first bones broken while in my seventies.

Top Bottom