That was a bad idea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
On hols,no bike so I decide to go for a run.
I haven't run in maybe 10 years and as my sig says I only have 2 speeds nutter or stop😁
About 3.5 miles in total and around halfway the thighs ached,when I stopped the calves ached and I couldn't sit down without doing the "grunt of pain"

Last edited:

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I’ve reached an age when my only option is not to stop doing it or I might not be able to start again.

On hols,no bike so I decide to go for a run.
I haven't run in maybe 10 years and as my sig says I only have 2 speeds nutter or stop😁
About 3.5 miles in total and around halfway the thighs ached,when I stopped the calves ached and I couldn't sit down without doing the "grunt of pain"

I've knackered one knee sufficiently that jogging is out of the question, not that it was given serious consideration before...

tyred

Legendary Member
No room in the car , next to the roofbox is the only space
You need a Transit :okay:

Few months back i decided to run with the dogs (3km), lets say i won't be doing it again...... took 2 weeks for the knee pain to go away:cry:

Hols with a bike ? that's why we go (we take 6 bikes with us) no excuses then:laugh:

The Thule roof rail mounts work well next to a roof box, it's how we used to carry one of ours.

Venod

Eh up
I’ve reached an age when my only option is not to stop doing it or I might not be able to start again.

This is very true, I was forced to stop running at age 63 because of a cycle accident, I did try after a couple of years but couldn't walk the next day, fast forward to 2021 we acquired a treadmill, so with gentle jogging and a slow build up I am back running, I managed a park run 2 weeks ago I was passed by people with pushchairs but was happy to get round without any problems.
I did some of my favourite type of running last Saturday tracks, trails and all off road, it was fantastic and the first runners high for years.

Top Bottom