That was bracing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Just had a couple of hours or so out on the bike to keep the legs turning over for the DunRun at the weekend. It was windy. Slight show. Thoroughly bracing. The sort of ride that blows the cobwebs away. Lovely. Even had a tea stop for a pot of tea and a scone. Highly civilised.

Bigtallfatbloke

...well done!

I am ashamed to say that I hid inside all day looking at the pouring rain...yesterdays ride was sunny and perfect...what a contrast...today is more like November than July.

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Ta, muchly!

Oh, just thought. Your forthcoming East Anglian tour. This may be useful:-

Refreshment stops. There's a list over on the Norfolk CTC web site.

http://www.norfolkda.co.uk/

Click into the web site and there's a link at the top of the page which is very useful.

Personal favourites are:-

If you're in Holt, there's a cafe called "The Beanery" on the main street which does great cakes & light meals.

In Castle Acre, the Willow Tea Rooms - again great homemade food - cakes to die for - and they are very cyclist friendly. I use them whenever I'm in Castle Acre for a tea stop (not Monday's as they are closed on a Monday), as when my nearest & dearest was victim of a hit-and-run, the cafe people came up trumps. Let us use the place to clean the other half's wounds, use phone to police, and let us take up a table, keeping the hot tea coming whilst we waiting an hour-and-a-half for plod to show. A decent bunch of people in there.

Bircham Windmill is good for food too - has the old mill restored & grinding the flour for the food made at the cafe and you can buy the flour too.

Sandringham Visitor Centre is good (but not cheap).

wafflycat said:
- again great homemade food - cakes to die for -

Bircham Windmill is good for food too - has the old mill restored & grinding the flour for the food made at the cafe and you can buy the flour too.

Sandringham Visitor Centre is good (but not cheap).

Wafflycat! I get the impression that Bigtallfatbloke wants to change his name to Bigtallfinbloke! Don't lead him astray! :biggrin::smile:, from someone who was a bigtallishfattishbloke to a bigtallishfinishbloke! :biggrin:

Mr Phoebus

Nice one, Waffles, I see you're doing the Dun-Run?
Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors, beware the moon...
Seriously, if you're riding behind Wowbagger...beware the moon. :biggrin:

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Indeed I am doing the DunRun, Mr P. Are you?

I will be in the company of the venerable Wowbagger, as we are riding as part of Team Filth. I am planning to be taking up the rear, so to speak. I shall be a DunRun virgin no more come Sunday morning... well, that's the plan, anyhow!

Bigtallfatbloke

...Thankyou..those links are going to be helpful I am sure.
I will be in Holt and Castle Acre for sure at some point and I reckon that, although my aim is indeed to change my online name soon, if i ride an extra 10km per cake I should be alright:smile:

Top Bottom