That's Disappointing. Corsa G+

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I rate tyres not only on performance but also how long they last. I have had tyres soldier on for years and many thousands of miles.
Rubino Pro's lasted well for example. Last time around, I decided to try Vittoria Corsa G+ tyres complete with their magical layer of Graphine. To be honest, it was the colour of the sidewalls that did it for me. I have a steel bike and prefer the traditional look. Black sidewalls just make everything look heavy to me.

These lasted a couple of rides before being carefully cleaned, dried and stored for a small while. They then did last Summer on my good bike.

image.jpeg

I was aware of the dreaded bump-bump-bump as I rode along. You can see the distortion just above the brake block. You can also see the clock is nowhere near the sidewall. I am not the most prolific rider and neither do I have to ride in inclement weather.

I won't be buying another set to replace these, that's for sure. I have spent less on car tyres!

Is it just the light but your rim looks concave in places? The tyre has a rip in it just above the brake block near the rim.

OP
OP
Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Is it just the light but your rim looks concave in places? The tyre has a rip in it just above the brake block near the rim.

Anodised rims. I think the pattern is a hand built wheel thing. Yes, the sidewall has sort of dissolved or rotted just there. I don't really ride this bike in mud/salt.

I meant, the block hasn't rubbed in my OP. I'm not sure if the clock has been rubbing!

Top Bottom