That's how you deal with fly tippers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C R

C R

Guru
I have tried to find confirmation of the amount of the fine in the Spanish press, but haven't seen any reports of this, only in places like RT and so on. I think the 45k€ may be the maximum fine for the offence, rather than the actual fine handed down, which seems rather steep, but then, the guardia civil are not known for their subtlety. I will keep digging.

Drago

Legendary Member
I like that. The punishment should fit the crime.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Fine plus crushing. I don’t think most fly tippers carry fridges, furniture, rubble to any location, remote or not in a backpack
Crush regardless of vehicle value
They’ll only do it once and others may take heed
Absolutely. Word gets around, things change.

KneesUp

Guru
Fine plus crushing. I don’t think most fly tippers carry fridges, furniture, rubble to any location, remote or not in a backpack
Yeah, but if Miscreant A fly tips from a £500 Transit then their punishment is less than Miscreant B if they fly tip from a £5,000 Transit, was my point.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Instead of crushing what might be an expensive vehicle, maybe the authorities could take the vehicle off the offender and sell it,then use the money to go to fly tipping removal purposes.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
These people mostly use old vans of little value or no value so it won't be much of a deterrent. They'll just make sure they use an old "scrapper" .

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The Spanish Guardia Civil made this guy recover a fridge he had tipped down a cliff.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/v...rew-fridge-off-cliff-to-drag-it-back-up-video
:bravo:

AndyRM

XOXO
Loving @vickster's hard line stance on this one, which is absolutely right. The alleys round where I live are rife with fly tipping and it does my head in. The council's fly tipping hotline is my most dialled number, according to my phone.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Loving @vickster's hard line stance on this one, which is absolutely right. The alleys round where I live are rife with fly tipping and it does my head in. The council's fly tipping hotline is my most dialled number, according to my phone.

Nothing brings an area down faster, one does it and another coppies.. I hate litter louts and fly tippers.
I really think the tip it in a country lane scum should be shot on sight.. Total waste of oxygen.
Then incinerated with their shoot

Top Bottom