That's it, we're leaving!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Brock

Brock

We'll be going on my old Claud and her German city bike, we've toured successfully on them before. I might even treat us to new chains/cassettes before we leave.. As for routes, errrm probably make it up as we go along. :smile:

The first worry is getting rid of all our junk. We'll be making ourselves homeless, so will only store important personal stuff at friends, everything else must go, I really must sit down and start listing on ebay

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

domtyler said:
When you say "It's decided", does that mean that you've decided but haven't plucked up the courage to tell the missus yet? :smile:

Bastard

:smile:

I suppose the final 'it's decided' was telling my work. I thought I might end up burning my bridges there, but boss was great about it really, said I'd be welcome back in the future, so that'll be a comfort as we finally cycle up the road as bums of no fixed abode.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Seriously amazing. Am dead jealous in a nice kind of way!!! I'd go mad for that kind of opportunity but for the moment, we can't do it. We've got a month this summer though, and I'm grateful for that!!!

Jammy git...fantastic thing to do.

longers

Legendary Member
Brock,

I've got a copy of Tim Moores book "Spanish Steps" which describes him doing the Santiago de Compostela route (with donkey) if it's any use to you. PM if you want it.

videoman

Guru
I don't blame you. We moved to Tenerife 14 months ago to our apartment we purchased 4 years ago. We both packed in relatively good jobs (well I took redundancy) and have recently sold our house in the UK and purchased a smaller house as a base in the UK and future investment, paid mortgage off and put some money in the bank.

I would love to cycle from UK around Europe and down to Cadiz and catch ferry to Tenerife and then possibly sometime in the future reverse the route. I just need to work out a suitable route, buy a suitable bike and try and get fitter.

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

longers said:
Brock,

I've got a copy of Tim Moores book "Spanish Steps" which describes him doing the Santiago de Compostela route (with donkey) if it's any use to you. PM if you want it.

Thanks very much Longers, PM sent.
My bike is a bit of a donkey so that sounds like very useful reading :smile:

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

videoman said:
I would love to cycle from UK around Europe and down to Cadiz and catch ferry to Tenerife and then possibly sometime in the future reverse the route. I just need to work out a suitable route, buy a suitable bike and try and get fitter.

I was sort of hoping fitness would come somewhere along the way :smile:

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

Chuffy said:
Can we have first dibs on your stuff? :smile:

Certainly! I'll post special Cyclechatter only 'buy it now' discounted prices as soon as i work ebay out.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
longers said:
Brock,

Now come on longers, we've all called him a person of debatable parentage, but we cannot speak of Mrs. Brock in those terms. At least, not until we know her.

Bigtallfatbloke

Wow!...:smile::becool:

I wish my mrs was so inclined... I hope it all works out well for you...sounds like the adventure of your lives is about to commence:smile::smile:

Tim Moores book "Spanish Steps"

...I dragged that book all over Norfolk and suffolk in the summer...I read about six pages...I think it's very funny and just the type of thing I'd usually like but I found his writing style somewhat difficult to follow...but it's probably my reading style actually (easily distracted me see)...mind you I think 'Tinto' is a must have accessory for any tourer....in fact i think I may just have found a good name for my Daws galaxy...'Tinto' :biggrin:

Abitrary

Planning holidays straight after xmas! lucky for some.

Anyhow, if you're worried about weather, why not get a cheap flight to southern spain for a kick off (even somewhere more exotic if you're adventurous) and work your way back up.

Yes campsites in france will be a problem out of season. Anyroad, sounds fantastic!

Top Bottom