That's it, we're leaving!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Brock

Brock

Heh thanks Maggot. I do get occasional flashes of anxiety about what we've decided to do, but posts such as yours help a lot, cheers!

Percy said:
Struggling a bit to keep a grasp on 'real life' too - all the day to day stuff just seems so...boring! What are we going to eat, shall we go to the shops, we need a new washing machine etc etc blah blah boring! I miss the excitement of being on the road every day, I guess. Maybe I'll go find it again sooner than I had planned...

Sounds like you may have a problem there Percy, have you mentioned it to the girlfriend? Perhaps you should spend a week or two watching daytime TV to aid assimilation.

TheDoctor said:
Sadly you can't. Speedferries will only take cars - not bikes:sad:.
Shame, because Boulogne is a lot nicer than Calais.

Hmmm my route planning isn't going too well is it? xx(

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Brock, maybe I've missed this bit but when are you leaving? Not trying to get rid of you :idea: Just excited for you.

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

Cathryn said:
Brock, maybe I've missed this bit but when are you leaving? Not trying to get rid of you ;) Just excited for you.

Mid April, and it's approaching fast. I keep thinking of new things that need to be done, without actually getting the other things out of the way first ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
A big but exciting decision Brock, like others I wish you well but am also a little bit jealous. Hope you can also find a toilet and not have to use the hedge when going through France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spindrift

You lucky, lucky bastard....

Get up in the morning with just the open road ahead of you, cries on Bon Courage or Allez from passing cars, stunning views, eat what you like, warm bread with slathers of Normandy butter and smelly Camembert, tanned faces, muscled legs,

BASTARD

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Brock said:
I haven't even decided whether to start in Calais or Cherbourg yet.. What you reckon?

Beautiful. I love that. It must be sooooooooo tough. You have my unending envy. Good luck, wish I could do the same but it's a struggle getting my other half on the back of the tandem let alone on a bike to Spain.

A brave and wonderful decision. Well done.

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

Keith Oates said:
A big but exciting decision Brock, like others I wish you well but am also a little bit jealous. Hope you can also find a toilet and not have to use the hedge when going through France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why? What do they have in their hedges over there?? :biggrin:

Thanks for the encouragement chaps, appreciated.

Top Bottom