That's the end of that!

Discussion in 'Lands End to John O'Groats (LEJOG)' started by toffee, 11 Jul 2017.

1. toffee

toffee Über Member

Out last night with Mrs T on a practice ride for our LEJOG, with full panniers, which was starting on 22nd July.

Came to a stop where we were going through a gate and Mrs T toppled over. One loud scream later and this is the result of 5 hours sat in A&E
    IMG-20170711-WA0000.jpg

LEJOG is now off but trying to rearrange my weeks off so we can at least get some time away. Looks like Holland is on the cards in 6 weeks time. shoot happens but she is very pee'd off.

Currently in a queue at the local hospital awaiting a plate being put in her wrist.

2. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Overconfidentii Vulgaris Staff Member

Sorry to hear that. My best wishes to Mrs T for a swift recovery.

toffee likes this.
  3. Yellow Saddle

Yellow Saddle Veteran

Is the bike OK?

toffee, mjr, raleighnut and 2 others like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    toffee

toffee Über Member

Good question. Still in the back of the recovery vehicle.

5. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

another reason we need an unlike button

toffee likes this.
  6. gary mac

gary mac Active Member

sorry to hear this , there is always next year

toffee likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    toffee

toffee Über Member

Getting 3 weeks off for this year was bad enough hopefully my boss thinks the challenge his worth it.

8. Bimble

Bimble Bimbling along ... Staff Member

Ouch! - that looks like it was painful. Best wishes to Mrs T and hope she heals quickly and you get to enjoy some time away somewhere.

Shame about LEJOG though, I bet you were looking forward to it. Have you done LEJOG before or was this going to be your first attempt?

toffee and mjr like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    toffee

toffee Über Member

Just been out to reassemble it. It's fine as that was one of Mrs T's concern's, the panniers took the impact when she went over, well as well as her wrist.

20170711_124658_resized.jpg

Right back to the TdF, may as well do something useful with my day off as I wait the call from the Hospital to pick Mrs T up

Pat "5mph" and Yellow Saddle like this.
  10. Saluki

Saluki I've run away with my friends to..

Sorry to here this. Mrs Toffee will have a faster heal time, once that plate is in. Comfrey tablets help bones to mend. Holland and Barrett sell them.

toffee likes this.
  11. Rooster1

Rooster1 Hornblower

Bad bad luck. Hard as it is, these things are meant to be, whatever that means.

toffee likes this.
  12. MikeG

MikeG Veteran

Indeed.

No. No, that's just wrong. And your first sentence doesn't agree with your second.

13. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Staff Member

Start rescheduling :smile:
    Best wishes to Mrs. @toffee for a speedy recovery!

toffee likes this.
  14. Rooster1

Rooster1 Hornblower

Thanks

15. Liz Su

Liz Su Über Member

You do realize that when that pot comes off her arm it will most likely have some muscle wastage and be thinner and weaker than the other?.It may be a while before she is upto doing a big ride/touring.
    Sorry to hear about her accident and I hope she makes a swift recovery.

toffee likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice