Thats torn it!

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by gps315, 18 May 2010.

1. gps315

gps315 Well-Known Member

Out in the woods, blasting through the trees then rip....:biggrin:

My brand new red night vision altura jacket now sports a 2 inch rip on the arm

Any one got any recommendations for repairing it?

Cheers

2. Fiona N

Fiona N Veteran

I'm not entirely sure what material the Night Vision jacket's made of but you can get Goretex repair patches for appropriate repairs on non-coated waterproof materials.

Alternatively, there's heat-activated seam sealing tape which is my preferred repair material for many synthetic shells. The problem is that if you don't do it right you melt a hole in your jacket instead of repairing the tear. If you want to go this route PM me and I'll send you a length of tape (I've got miles of it) and instructions.

3. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

4. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

Bit of gaffer tape up the inside.

5. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Ha ha! You should see my old purple Freestyle goretex jacket - it's about 15 years old, got patches glued all over it and stands up on its own because I reproof it with Thompson's Water Seal!

Still does the job though.

6. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

LSR repair 25.00 + 7.50 p+p. Altura Night Vision from around £40 (Evans, yellow) - I think I would try the Gaffer tape!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice