That's why I'm not in the cycle lane!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
The new road bridge in Workington has just opened, so decided to ride over it to have a look. They've put a very narrow shared use path on either side of the bridge (fenced on both sides) so I stayed on the road over the bridge.

As I left a bin-lorry passed very close and the passenger swung round out of the window and pointed at the path. Just as he started telling me about how I should be on the cycle path his hand whacked straight into the mirror of the van parked (illegally) in the lane in front.

Don't think he was very impressed when I shouted back that's why I'm not on the cyclepath ;)

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Don't you just love karma? ;)

Owwww!

But now the nice bin man, who was only trying to be helpful has hurt himself and has a poorly hand . . . I think you're all perfectly howwid nasty vengeful cyclists!

GrasB

Veteran
When driving a car legally & sensibly do you expect to have other people telling you how to drive? So why do people feel the need when you're on a bike?

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
GrasB said:
When driving a car legally & sensibly do you expect to have other people telling you how to drive? So why do people feel the need when you're on a bike?

Because they think that they'll be immune from any riposte on the part of the cyclist as they'll have zoomed off in their huge powerful vehicles immediately after having directed their own particular brand of self righteousness on what they see as an easy target.

Well, that's the theory, anyway.

mcshroom said:
The new road bridge in Workington has just opened, so decided to ride over it to have a look. They've put a very narrow shared use path on either side of the bridge (fenced on both sides) so I stayed on the road over the bridge.

As I left a bin-lorry passed very close and the passenger swung round out of the window and pointed at the path. Just as he started telling me about how I should be on the cycle path his hand whacked straight into the mirror of the van parked (illegally) in the lane in front.

Don't think he was very impressed when I shouted back that's why I'm not on the cyclepath :whistle:

:biggrin: Brilliant, karma in action.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I actually had a cyclist advise me t'other day that I would be safer on the shared cyclepath than the road! Well he was probably more of a POB, well a train spotter actually. Anyway he was leaning over a railway bridge, notebook in hand as I cycled past on the road. He flapped his arm up and down and shouted to me "You'd be safer on the path".

His "advice" was noted.

Top Bottom