The 2 faces of cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
"Are you English". Asked a lady in the group. "Yes I am but please dont hold it against me, we did get the Germans out of here at the end of the war for you" I replied. Actually, the Germans would have gone home by themselves, but it was good PR.

Steve

Don't mention the war!

Last edited:

MisterStan

Label Required
It wasn't a BMW road bike by any chance?

bmw-m-series-carbon-racer-bike-1.jpg

..or an Audi?

Audi-Duo-Road-bicycle-by-Renovo1.jpg
That BMW one's quite nice!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I don't bother with a bell , I just use what I was born with - a voice and politeness .
Many Down Under do that too, except that some of them will end up getting booked by the police for not having a bell on their bike, as our road laws require. Also, for many reasons (exertion, flu, etc.) using your voice may not be practical, and so a bell comes in handy.

nicholas

Über Member
I can remember being in Amsterdam and little worse for wear a hearing a bell on a bike before some mad man ran of down so maybe bells are a good thing truth be know it was my fault for being that out of it he went left so did I he went right so did I and bang

Frood42

I know where my towel is
I used to have a bell, but I found that some people used to jump out of their skin, or move to unexpected places at the sound of it. So after the screw fell out I never replaced it.

Instead I say "bike coming left" or "bike coming right" to any bikes or pedestrians I am passing in shared areas.

Top Bottom