The 2010 Wasps thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
10th of April and it's started already...

Lying asleep in bed about 0630 I'm awoken by the sound of a small 2 stroke moped revving-up in my room. I leap out of bed, gently open the curtains and there bashing against the inside of the closed window, is a whopping Jasper. Thinking on my feet and not stopping to get dressed I grabbed a can of deoderant and a copy of C+ and went into battle. The first skirmish of the year was soon over with a bisected wasp on the window cill.

What's scary is that the Jasper must hev arrived through the en-suite bathroom window, the only one open, and flown right over me... I'm gonna need an early warning system!

I hate wasps, an' they know it...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Does that mean Waspyfecker will be back?

waspyfecker

Über Member
I thought my ears were burning.

You utter bumboil. Do you not know that if you leave us alone, we'll leave you alone?

It's all about karma dude. Just back off.

longers

Legendary Member
I thought WF was Fnaar. Unless he's got two computers and is ambidextrous then he can't be.

waspyfecker

Über Member
You can keep your flies n shoot. Us wappies have highly developed social structures doncha know. All winter we've been setting out our plans to annexe Bedford.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
T'aint me... I think I know who it is, but I might be wrong... :biggrin:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
waspyfecker said:
You can keep your flies n shoot. Us wappies have highly developed social structures doncha know. All winter we've been setting out our plans to annexe Bedford.

Welcome my nemesis...
I used to live just outside Bedford and I can't think of a finer place to annexe...

Globalti

Legendary Member
That big wasp bumbling against the inside of your window is a QUEEN wasp who has shared your bedroom with you for the last 6 months and has now woken up feeling in the need of a meal and some sex. She was probably hiding in the curtains or inside your wardrobe.

markg0vbr

Über Member
i treat about 200 loft a year for wasps.
at this time of year the ones you are getting in the house are over wintering queens and are half starved, open the window and let them out (got to think of my overtime).
wasps do a hell of a lot of good keeping other insects under control.

Top Bottom