the 2013 Giant Defy Advanced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
dear oh lord...just when i thought i didn't need a new bike they go and release this and the reviewers are purring over it :banghead: i've a baby on the way in november (it's the first), i've already told the wife i won't buy the xbox which is out at the same time as my baby (all being well, fingers crossed, turn around touch the ground, touch wood and all that) and the new poota is considerably cheaper than the new bike...my goodness world, what are you doing to me?! :cursing: here's what i'm proposing and praying it won't get me a divorce...i'm changing my beloved Focus ST to make way for a dad car...baby wont apprecaite 223BHP until it's much older anyway...this and the purchase of said dad car will put funds in the bank...now comes the tricky bit..i break the n+1 rule and sell both my current bikes. sissy the cityspeed and tracy the tcr go to new homes. the funds i get from the sad sale of both of these much loved bikes offsets the £2350 cost of the new beauty and i live with just the one bike albeit a behemoth much too classy the likes of me...that's a plan, right? right?! :huh:

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
Good luck!

Kies

I like your thinking. The defy advanced 2 is white, same colour as my Defy 1 , do you think the wife would notice??????

Twotter

First baby? Everyone you know will buy you kit for the little one, leaving you spare dosh for the really important things in life ;)

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
I like your thinking. The defy advanced 2 is white, same colour as my Defy 1 , do you think the wife would notice??????
of course she will...they notice everything...that's why i've got to be careful with the proposal for funding the new bicycle. even though the wife rarely ventures to the man-cave, she would smell the new bike from the house and turn up unnoticed and unannounced and feathers would fly!

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
First baby? Everyone you know will buy you kit for the little one, leaving you spare dosh for the really important things in life ;)
i am counting on this very fact...i've bought it a £900 'travel system' that it can't appreciate...i think a little give and take is due here! :whistle:

Top Bottom