The 2016 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joobert

Just realised the arrival of @Joobert to the challenge has completely messed up by high tech ride recording system . I have had to turn the page and draw more lines :laugh:
Ooops, sorry 'bout that! :-/

Joobert

On the topic of points.... Did anyone have a target at the start of the year?.

Me being new to the challenge, set myself a target of 24 (at least 2 50km rides a month), but to my astonishment I`m already on 21 before the end of May :ohmy:

A revised target of 50 points is now my aim. :bicycle:
Hehe.. I'm going to be brave here and set myself a target of 150 points for the year! :smile:

Alright dude.. Took your advice about motivation, hope this helps! :smile:
North Leicester ride sounds like a plan. Maybe not so hilly this time though!

Are you still recovering? Hehe! Good luck!

I'll see when I've next got a free weekend and sort a forum ride out.

Joobert

Are you still recovering? Hehe! Good luck!

I'll see when I've next got a free weekend and sort a forum ride out.
Not feeling too bad now, another 41 miles in the bag today!
My next free Saturday is the 25th June, I also have a 50 mile sportive on the Sunday so may have to be a short onr for me!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Apologies, forgot to post on here about yesterdays metric half (although I did post a report), then I went out an did a metric century today to make the most of the glorious weather. Report posted for that too! :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Another 50 km done this morning.
I don't know where the forecast sunshine and 18 degrees is - more like cloudy and 9 degrees...
:cold:
Lunch now, report to follow.

It's here in The Lakes!

Just done another challenge ride (37.87m) and it was blue sky all the way.

Lot's of bugs and pollens too - my eyes are itchy at the mo'.

Very happy that I have managed 4 points this month and that today's ride was 14.2mph average - my best average so far for a challenge ride.

Loving the challenge and it's making me ride longer although I'm not really getting any quicker which is not really a crushing disappointment in my life tbh.

I was amused on a long steady incline today (about 7-8% according to Garmin). There I was steadily chugging away at a reasonable speed thinking I was doing ok when Mr Legs Like Oak Trees came whizzing by - the impressively fit guy just hurtled by and very quickly opened up a150m (at a guess) gap before he disappeared around a bend never to be seen again. Made me think how relative cycling is - there was me all chuffed in my own little bubble and there he was in his little bubble. Both of us doing the same thing but at the same time both of us worlds apart.

Safe riding Challengees (and everyone else of course).

Last edited:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Followed up yesterdays unplanned 50 km with a planned 50 km (turned out to be 60 km) today. :bicycle:

Yesterday - I`v lent a mate (who is putting some good miles in on his front sus hybrid) my lads Merida for him to try out a road bike. After riding to him and doing his 25 km loop (I had no idea he was going to go this far), I noticed that I would only have to add another 10 km to get the 50 km up and thought it would be rude not to ;)

Today - Cracking ride out with another pal. He showed me some new roads that I`v wanted to try out. There was bit more traffic than i`m used to, but lots of fun nonetheless. I`ll do it again and link it to some of my routes for longer rides.

Highlight of the day - After getting home, i`m in the kitchen still in my cycling gear and my daughter (who was asleep when I left and still asleep when I got home) says to me "are you going on a bike ride or what?"... :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom