The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Discussion in 'CycleChat Monthly Challenges' started by ColinJ, 28 Dec 2016.

1. Salty seadog

Salty seadog Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

13 rider Thanks for keeping the thread. It has helped to my highest annual mileage just shy of 3000 miles.

2. tallliman

tallliman Über Member

Well done everyone, superb effort. It's wonderful that such a simple idea can keep us all riding our bikes and having fun.

3. Katherine

Katherine Guru Moderator

Well done everyone :bicycle: :wahhey:
    Good luck with the 2018 challenge.

4. OP
    OP
    ColinJ

ColinJ Hillfinder General

Well done everybody! :bravo:

If all of your '50s' so far have been the metric version, why not set yourself the target of getting at least one 50-miler in this coming year? It would be a significant step up if you have never ridden that far before, but if you have done at least one 50-km ride a month for a year then I'd say that you should be ready. :okay:

5. gavgav

gavgav Guru

Well done all!! Here’s to 2018.

6. kapelmuur

kapelmuur Über Member

I'd like to add my thanks to @13 rider for keeping score. The challenge has encouraged me to increase my previous 20-25 mile rides to the magic 31.2 miles minimum!

Plus the occasional 50 milers when the weather is warm and the evenings are long.

Katherine, Renmurew, 13 rider and 7 others like this.
  7. 13 rider

13 rider Veteran

1 weekend to go to get qualifying ride in for 2018 challenge . I have 7 finishers from 2017 yet to post for 2018

8. The Bystander

The Bystander Senior Member

@13 rider Assume this should have been in the 2018 chatzone...

9. 13 rider

13 rider Veteran

As it was aimed at 2017 finishers I posted in that thread so everyone would get an alert given if they haven't posted in the 2018 thread yet

Katherine likes this.
  10. Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero Wilier ftw

No worries buddy, I`m doing the Mercia CC reliability ride on Sunday :smile:

Katherine, Chris Doyle and 13 rider like this.
  11. Chris Doyle

Chris Doyle Consistently Inconsistent Über Member

Good luck mate! :bicycle:

Lilliburlero likes this.
  12. Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero Wilier ftw

Thanks buddy :smile:. Looking forward to doing a big group ride again, not done one for a while. Going to hide behind the big lads, as it looks like being a windy one ^_^

Chris Doyle and Katherine like this.
  13. The Bystander

The Bystander Senior Member

Ah, my mistake. I thought it was just your usual end of month reminder, but targeting the 2017 riders would make no sense in the 2018 thread. Had I thought it through I might have realised that.

13 rider likes this.
  14. Chris Doyle

Chris Doyle Consistently Inconsistent Über Member

I’m sure you’ll be ok matey, think of them as a nice windbreak! I was supposed to be on an 80 miler today with a few lads from work but my bottom bracket setup has died and they can’t get a replacement til Monday. Gutted....:cry:

Lilliburlero likes this.
  15. Lilliburlero

Lilliburlero Wilier ftw

That`s bad luck Chris :thumbsdown:. You`ve got your January qualifying ride done and dusted though :thumbsup:

Chris Doyle likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice