The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
So as above we have 33 riders completing this year's challenge out of 44 riders who posted a ride in January. Well done everyone
Completing their first year
@kipster ,@RealLeeHimself ,@Rob and Alison ,@Slick ,@the stupid one ,@slow scot ,@PatrickPending and @Cranky Knee Girl
Completing their second year
@bruce1530 ,@Chris Doyle ,@Bazzer ,@dickyknees ,@Domus ,@Eribiste ,@Ice2911 ,@Saluki ,@The Bystander and @wicker man
Completing their third year
@aferris2 ,@cosmicbike ,@Jon George ,@kapelmuur ,@NorthernDave ,@Milkfloat ,@Osprey , @steveindenmark ,@steverob ,@Sbudge and @StuartG
And the originals completing their forth year
@13 rider ,@ColinJ ,@gavgav and @Spinney
Honourable mention in dispatches to @Katherine who had to retire injured having got to November of her 4th year
6 riders have also completed the metric century challenge as well
@Bazzer ,@ColinJ ,@Sbudge ,@steverob ,@Ice2911 and @StuartG
And 3 nutters completed this challenge and both the metric and imperial century challenges all with separate rides
@cosmicbike ,@Lilliburlero and @13 rider
Once again well done everyone and if I missed anyone please accept my apologies
See you all in 2019 raring to go
Well done all. See you for more challenge in 2019.

Ice2911

Über Member
So as above we have 33 riders completing this year's challenge out of 44 riders who posted a ride in January. Well done everyone
Completing their first year
@kipster ,@RealLeeHimself ,@Rob and Alison ,@Slick ,@the stupid one ,@slow scot ,@PatrickPending and @Cranky Knee Girl
Completing their second year
@bruce1530 ,@Chris Doyle ,@Bazzer ,@dickyknees ,@Domus ,@Eribiste ,@Ice2911 ,@Saluki ,@The Bystander and @wicker man
Completing their third year
@aferris2 ,@cosmicbike ,@Jon George ,@kapelmuur ,@NorthernDave ,@Milkfloat ,@Osprey , @steveindenmark ,@steverob ,@Sbudge and @StuartG
And the originals completing their forth year
@13 rider ,@ColinJ ,@gavgav and @Spinney
Honourable mention in dispatches to @Katherine who had to retire injured having got to November of her 4th year
6 riders have also completed the metric century challenge as well
@Bazzer ,@ColinJ ,@Sbudge ,@steverob ,@Ice2911 and @StuartG
And 3 nutters completed this challenge and both the metric and imperial century challenges all with separate rides
@cosmicbike ,@Lilliburlero and @13 rider
Once again well done everyone and if I missed anyone please accept my apologies
See you all in 2019 raring to go
Well done every one, I still find this addictive. Now the sad part, where do. Get the little stars form to put in my signature? I feel so shallow :smile:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Another and almost certainly final point for a metric half in the challenge today, giving me 62 points for the year.
Plus I passed my mileage target for 2018 in the same ride, so all is well in the North tonight.

Report over in the "Your ride today..." thread

Congrats to everyone who's achieved the challenge this year and good luck to everyone who is starting the whole thing again in a couple of days.

As expected, although I got out for an hour I didn't have time today to get another qualifying ride in, so I'm closing 2018 with 62 points on the board.

I've just checked and that is considerably better than last year when I only logged 43 points, although not as good as the year before when I had 77.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Got out today for my last 50km ride of the year.
I think that I only scraped the one 50 miler all year. Bit pathetic really. I did manage to get the last 27 miles that I needed to get over my 3000 mile target, plus another 5 to do the 50km.
I am a good 1100 miles down on last year. All this riding alone gets to you after a while. I'll try and find others to ride with next year.

kapelmuur

Veteran
I'm starting to think that there's a hoodoo on my attempts to reach 100 points.

Last year an accident in mid November resulted in 5 weeks off the bike and I ended up on 98 points.

This year my 27th December ride put me on 99 points with 4 days to go and the weather set fair, no problem.
I woke on the 28th feeling rough and worse next day which I knew nothing about as I slept for 24 hours. Slightly better now but the virus (?) has left me weak and dizzy, not good for bike riding! So I'm stuck on 99.

Overall though a reasonable year in the saddle, I especially enjoyed the summer heatwave and the challenge of riding through melting tar.

A total of 4204 miles ridden, including 430 on my turbo and 71 on my 'shopping bike' which is mainly used for trips to the allotment.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
So, we are certain this is explained somewhere, but just cant locate it , how do we go about getting a star added to our posts?
Thanks.
bronze-star-small-2-jpg.jpg

Hopefully you can copy and paste the above star

Top Bottom