The 2021 'Bah Humbug' Christmas thread.. 🎅

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bagpuss

Guru
Tis time to buy shares in the company that makes this...

1638197995708.png

Brandane

Legendary Member
It is all fairly recent at least in Scotland. We did recognise it but very low key. When I was a postman I did a morning delivery Christmas day. New Year was our holiday time.
You may have just hit the nail on the head. Christmas was always low key up here, as you say, and very much for the children.
Then came the New Year which was the time for the adults to party, for days on end!
Foreign influences have done their best to water down our New Year, and have succeeded. Most of the big shops are now open on New Year's day :ohmy:, unthinkable back in the day. More and more people are having to work on the 1st and 2nd of January which has killed off the whole party atmosphere :sad:.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Been up north and we've had snow, been out for drinks. For me it feels like Xmas has come and gone. It's be happy if we just had a Xmas meal and it would all be over!

Utterly despise it!

Wife knows (& daughter realised a few years ago)
I could show the hairy green guy a thing or two
In fact, that’s me with 3 of our Matrons

Even the trousers matched!
Once upon a time, the ladies in the sewing room would help you if they could
New zips/buttons/length alterations/etc

One of them, using a pattern for a pair of scrubs trousers made them for me
I provided the fun-fur (from a remnants shop in Dewsbury)
I took her a large box of chocolates the next day

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I generally play this LOUD

View: https://youtu.be/eFb5g47hFrk

tyred

Legendary Member
Bah! Humbug!

Happy Shakin' Stevens pension fund day:surrender:

The only good thing about smashing up my ankle is that I have a great excuse for doing absolutely no Christmas shopping this year as I can't really walk!

I might do something really rebellious this year like refuse to Brussel Sprouts. xx(

classic33

Leg End Member
Bah! Humbug!

Happy Shakin' Stevens pension fund day:surrender:

The only good thing about smashing up my ankle is that I have a great excuse for doing absolutely no Christmas shopping this year as I can't really walk!

I might do something really rebellious this year like refuse to Brussel Sprouts. xx(
You'll refuse to "Brussel Sprout "!

What manner of christmas day game you play over there?

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom