The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Well I suppose it depends on who completed their ride sooner as to whether myself or @tallliman are finishers #24 or #25, as I also finally did my qualifying distance today. But as I was the final finisher last year as well (on Boxing Day, so I've left it even later this year), it's a title I'm quite happy to cede to someone else!

Will be posting my ride details in the main thread in a few moments...
Let's share it @steverob!
Well done both ,I've got @steverob as no24 as he's updated the challenge thread making @tallliman no25 not that it matters it good to have you both over the line ,but I was hoping for an epic finish like 2015 when @MikeW-71 finished his ride past midnight on news year Eve /day but went past 50km at 11.55 pm. !!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Finisher no26 a surprise one ,Well done @Nomadski ,bit late posting but over the line now

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
December. (Continued)

12th. 59km). Deeside line, Mill Inn, Durris hills, Park bridge, Echt, Tillymannoch, Loch of Skene, Kirkton of Skene, Blacktop.
16th. (52km). Clockwise Blacktop/Kirkton of Skene loop.
24th. (50km). Blacktop, Garlogie, Cullerlie Standing stones, Flora’s, Drum, Deeside line, Duthie park, city centre, home.
28th. (53km). Blacktop, Kirkton of Skene, Garlogie, Cullerlie Standing stones, Flora’s, Drum, Deeside line, Duthie park, city centre, home.
30th. (52km). Clockwise Blacktop/Kirkton of Skene loop.
31st. (52km). As per yesterday, with bacon roll.

Total Points for the year: 123
Posted after the deadline I'm afraid these don't count 😂

Only joking when I saw the alert I thought bloody hell 1st of the month and he's update the challenge thread already

Off the mark for January and 2022 with a local loop from home to Loughborough and back.
It’s nice to be back outdoors after a three month hiatus and back in the challenge after dropping out last year due to health issues.
8986BA02-FDE6-4343-8A7C-3DB3AC2E18BD.jpeg

View: https://youtu.be/ESqX78b5JDM

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
We still have one rider yet to declare for 2021 but I'm going to do the year recap anyway
Firstly congratulations to everyone who entered successful or not you all got out there and rode some miles
Completing their first year was @footloose crow ,@Gibbo9 , @Chap sur le velo and @Willd
Completing their 2nd year was @AndreaJ and @bluenotebob
Completing their 3rd year was @dickyknees ,@Eribiste ,@Jenkins and @Nomadski
Completing their 4th year was @PatrickPending ,@Rob and Alison and @slow scot
Completing their 5th year was @Bazzer ,@bruce1530 ,@Domus ,@Saluki and @tallliman
Completing their 6th year was @aferris2 ,@cosmicbike ,@gavgav ,@Jon George ,@Sbudge and @steverob
And finally in from the start of this challenge completing their 7th year was @Spinney and @13 rider
A few honourable mentions @C R for completing 11/12ths of the challenge despite not getting a ride in last January he managed every month since ,@stoatsngroats who on his first attempt on the challenge made it to October and finally @Jonjay who entered in January despite never having riden 50km and made it halfway to June
To anyone for dropped out through injury or heath issue may your recovery be swift and we will hopefully see you back for 2022
Good luck to everyone for 2022 . Hopefully my sense of humour and banter has not offended too many of you and if has tough luck :laugh:
Remember the way to avoid the nudge list is too update the challenge thread

Thanks all, especially @13 rider for the efforts with tracking ad posting, there are some great images and ride reports here to spur us on.
I’m disappointed not to have made the 12 months, but heyho! At least I was encouraged to do 11 rides over the 10 months.
I’ll give this another go, but may fall at the first hurdle as all my January weekends are full.
Fingers crossed though.
Thanks SnG.

Sharky

Guru
The Lotus 7 club have a new charity, we now support, Prostate Cancer Research. Due to the demographic of it's members it seems an obvious choice.
On average 150 men each day are diagnosed and so some groups are driving 150 miles spelling out the word Prostate by visiting towns and villages beginning with P through to E.

Our local group Lancashire and District, also do a bit of cycling so I proposed a ride instead.
Yesterday six of us rode 90 Kms (yes I know it's not 150)
from Prescot to Edenfield visiting, Rainford, Orrell, Tyldesdley, Ainsworth, Tottington and Edenfield. The ride included 884 metres of climbing and one member was extremely pleased after the longest ride he has done since his treatment for bladder cancer. :notworthy:
Up to now we have raised well over £500 with more to come.

Prescot was the starting point for many a club run in my youth. You can go north, south and east for many a mile and a few to the west. Very good area for cycling.

Do you have just giving page for donations?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom